Kevin Owens appeared as a guest on the My Mom's Basement podcast with Robbie Fox from Barstool Sports for an in-depth interview covering all things pro wrestling.
During his appearance on the popular program, the WWE Superstar spoke about his match against Sami Zayn from the WWE Battleground pay-per-view being among his favorite matches throughout their storied rivalry.
Featured below is an excerpt from the interview where he touches on this particular topic.
"Battleground in WWE is a clear favorite for me because it’s underrated, but it’s also really appreciated. People will go back – I get it every week – and they’ll randomly go back and watch that match and go, ‘I forgot how good that match was.’ I think the reason it’s not hailed as one of the best matches in WWE is simply because, the day after it was done, everybody just moved on. But I wanna say, if two other people had the same match, depending on who they were, commentators would be talking about it like, ‘A match for the ages.’ We didn’t get that kind of treatment, but it’s kinda cool because we still get people going like, ‘How does this match not get talked about more?’ I’m not the kind of guy who comes through the curtain after a match, whether I did good or bad, who will let it show, but man, I couldn’t help it. When I got through the curtain in Gorilla, I just screamed several expletives because I was so pumped. Even Vince was standing up and pretty pumped himself. That was a special one."
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom