An Olympic gold medalist almost appeared at this year's IMPACT Wrestling Bound For Glory pay-per-view.
Yes, that Olympic gold medalist.
Your Olympic Hero.
PWInsider.com is reporting that WWE legend and IMPACT Wrestling Hall Of Fame star Kurt Angle was contacted by the promotion for a potential return at their biggest annual PPV event, Bound For Glory, this past October.
Obviously, with Angle never appearing on the broadcast, a deal was never reached. According to the PWInsider report, it was never revealed exactly why Angle didn't appear at the show, nor was the reason given to the promotion ever made clear.
While it was never specified in what capacity Angle would be used on the show, it is likely that he would have joined Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Bret "The Hitman" Hart and Mick Foley as other WWE legends included in the IMPACT Wrestling Hall Of Fame induction of "The World's Most Dangerous Man" Ken Shamrock.
Earlier this year, Kurt Angle parted ways with WWE after being released from his position as a producer for the company. Soon after losing the behind-the-scenes job with WWE, Angle returned to NXT to serve as the special guest referee for the Steel Cage Match between Timothy Thatcher and Matt Riddle.
We will keep you posted here at Rajah.com as updates continue to surface regarding Kurt Angle's status in the pro wrestling business.
REACTION: Discuss This Story With Other Rajah.com Fans* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom