Who taught Kurt Angle how to blade?
The WWE Hall of Fame legend revealed the answer while sharing a story on a recent installment of his official podcast, The Kurt Angle Show.
Featured below is an excerpt from the show where he tells the story about "Stone Cold" Steve Austin helping him get color for the first time inside the squared circle for WWE.
“One of the first times I had to bleed, I believe it was SummerSlam ‘01 against Stone Cold Steve Austin, Steve made me a blade. I had it. I put tape around my wrist and put the blade inside of it. When the time came to do it, I kept slicing my head and nothing was working. I was barely getting a scratch in the surface, and it was hurting. It starts getting painful when you keep trying to gig yourself.
"Austin said, ‘Sh*t kid, give me that razor.’ He dug it in my head and twisted it. I bled like a sieve. I didn’t stop bleeding the whole entire match. It was horrible. He taught me how to bleed. From then on, that’s how I did it. I just didn’t do it as hard as he did. He dug it in real hard, and twisted it really hard. He probably got the blade in there a good half inch right into my skull. I bled profusely. That’s how I learned how to bleed, how to gig, and Austin taught me the hard way."
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom