Lanny Poffo recently spoke with the folks from Inside The Ropes for an in-depth interview covering all things pro wrestling.
During the discussion, the former longtime pro wrestling veteran spoke about his brother, "Macho Man" Randy Savage, and his issues with fellow pro wrestling legend George "The Animal" Steele.
Featured below are some of the highlights from the interview where he touches on this topic.
On Savage not feeling like he could showcase his wrestling skills against Steele: “I remember he told me, ‘I wasted all my time learning how to wrestle, so I could wrestle George Steele and not be able to. George wanted to have a good match, and Randy wanted to have a great match. You know, George was great at what he did. The guy had a hell of a gimmick. He was hairy with a green tongue, and it got over. But Randy’s idea of wrestling was to prove athleticism to the fans, not only the entertainment, but the athleticism. George Steele was a great athlete, but he was passed his peak.”
On how Savage just put up with the feud: “He just put up with it. You know, it certainly wasn’t his idea. But he was going to need to have a little flexibility if he was going to make it in the WWF. George was respectful behind the scenes and in the ring. He was just doing business with Randy and doing his best.”
Check out the complete interview at ITRWrestling.com.
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom