Thanks to betwrestling.com for sending this in:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada will be hosting the 32nd installment of Summerslam at the Scotiabank Arena and will be broadcast live on the WWE Network. 10 announced matches currently have betting odds with 6 being championship matches. All champions are favored to retain, however with Summerslam being one of the WWE's top annual events title changes can be expected so upsets are extremely likely.
Brock Lesnar recently regained the WWE Universal Championship after winning the Money in the Bank briefcase as a surprise entrant and subsequently dethroning Seth Rollins, who will be Brock's challenger tonight. Lesnar is of course the favorite and betting against him is not a best practice when looking at the historical data of Brock winning even as a sports book underdog.
WWE Champion Kofi Kingston has been on a hot streak since his historical title win at this year's Wrestlemania and is favored tonight defending against Randy Orton. Every few years, Orton is “due” for a title reign but with these odds being very close, betting on Orton does not pass the “risk vs reward” barometer even with an upset being a fair possibility.
In a submission match, Becky Lynch defends the WWE Raw Women's Championship against Natalya. Both women have very established submission finishers and Lynch is a heavy favorite. Natalya is often used as “utility talent” that can have a PPV quality match with any opponent and betting on the challenger as a huge underdog is tempting but not recommended, especially with no possibility of a DQ or count out win due to the submission stipulation.
WWE Raw Women's Champion Bayley is favored in her defense against Ember Moon, but not by much and this match has potential to be excellent from an in ring standpoint, however the result could go either way. Another match that will deliver in ring is AJ Styles defending the United States Championship against Ricochet. The two have had some great athletic performances against each other recently and like the Raw Women's Championship match, the odds are close and the result is up in the air. Drew Gulak will defend his well earned Cruiserweight Championship against Oney Lorcan with the champion being a big favorite.
Two legendary Hall of Famers will return to take on today's crop of talent, however only one is favored to win. A returning Goldberg is projected to defeat Dolph Ziggler by a wide margin. With Goldberg losing his last two matches against both Brock Lesnar and more recently The Undertaker, coupled with Ziggler's relatively low position on the roster, Goldberg being a heavy favorite is totally justified. The other Hall of Famer, Trish Stratus, is a huge underdog against Charlotte Flair. This is sensible with Charlotte still being positioned as the centerpiece of the entire women's division.
We will also witness the debut of “The Fiend”, which is Bray Wyatt's new gimmick that has been built up for months and the wait is over to finally see him wrestle a match, with his opponent being Finn Balor. Wyatt's odds are extremely high in favor of winning, the highest by far of anyone else competing on the card. With the aforementioned months of build, the debut of The Fiend being a victory is a virtual lock.
Shane McMahon vs Kevin Owens has the stipulation of upon losing KO must quit. While Owens is favored heavily, the stipulation could be a red herring that he will end up losing to start a story arch going forward, so an upset is most likely.
These betting odds are all under the “end of broadcast” judgment, meaning that the final announced result during the broadcast will be honored to account for a potential “Dusty Finish”. For those unaware, a minus sign indicates the favorite and the plus sign represents the underdog, with the corresponding number measuring how favorable or unfavorable a particular participant happens to be.
WWE Universal Championship
Brock Lesnar(c) -230 vs Seth Rollins +170
Kofi Kingston(c) -210 vs Randy Orton +160
WWE Raw Women's Championship
Becky Lynch(c) -430 vs Natalya +310
WWE SmackDown Women's Championship
Bayley(c) -245 vs Ember Moon +175
WWE United States Championship
AJ Styles(c) -200 vs Ricochet +157
WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Drew Gulak(c) -335 vs Oney Lorcan +245
Kevin Owens -510 vs Shane McMahon +340
Goldberg -475 vs Dolph Ziggler +325
Finn Balor +750 vs Bray Wyatt -1580
Trish Stratus +350 vs Charlotte Flair -530
Make sure to join us here at Rajah.com tonight as we will be providing our usual live WWE SummerSlam 2019 results coverage!
WWE SummerSlam News, Rumors & *Spoilers** Another SummerSlam Match Pulled, 3 Big Matches To Be Added?
* Who Decided To Move Planned SummerSlam Title Change To RAW &Why?
* Backstage News On Reason Reigns-Bryan SummerSlam Plans Were Nixed
* Shinsuke Nakamura/SummerSlam Update: Will He Wrestle & If So, Who?
* Backstage Update On Reason Paige Was Pulled From SummerSlam Weekend
* WWE Personality Invites Toronto Hip-Hop Star Drake To SummerSlam
* Reigns vs. Buddy Murphy Was 'Seriously Considered' For SummerSlam
* WWE Changes Planned SummerSlam Title Match To WWE TV Match
* Check Out A Very Special Poster Covering 32-Year SummerSlam History
* SummerSlam 2020 Update: Boston To Host PPV Weekend Next Year
* SummerSlam Updates: WWE Now Specials, Kickoff Show In V.R., More
* WWE Survey: Share Your Interest-Level For Each SummerSlam Match
* WWE Legends & Superstars Set For SummerSlam 2019 Weekend
* WWE SummerSlam 2019 Lineup: Full List Of Events & Specials
* NXT TakeOver: Toronto 2019 Results From SummerSlam Weekend
More Recent WWE & AEW News (Updated: 8/11/2019)* Sasha Banks Tries Out Drastically Changed New Look (Photos)
* Lacey Evans Gets Crazy In "Liv Your Life Challenge" (Videos)
* WWE Payouts: Goldberg, Undertaker & HBK Return Pay Revealed
* Stephanie McMahon On WWE vs. AEW, Claims WWE Worth $6 Billion
* Randy Orton's Wife Hits Him With "RKO Out Of Nowhere" At Beach (Video)
* Eva Marie Shows Off Her New Look This Week (Photos)
* HHH On Being Vince's Successor To Take Over WWE & Heyman/Bischoff
* The Rock's Writer / Former WWE Head Writer Confirms Return For "Project"
* Roman Reigns Downplays AEW, Talks Being WWE Locker Room Leader
* Vince McMahon Literally Tore Up Script For This Week's SD! Live (Updated)
* Chris Jericho Makes Big Promise For AEW All Out PPV (Updated)
* "Making Of" WWE 2K20 Commercial Featuring WWE Legends (Video)
* WWE-AEW Twitter War Breaks Out (Multiple Stars From Each Promotion)
* What Is Biggest Change Paul Heyman Has Made Since Taking Over RAW?
* Update On WWE Making Big Changes When They Move To FOX In October
* Dolph Ziggler On 1-On-1 HBK Match: "I Just Want This To Happen So Bad"
* Triple H Breaks Down Backstage Tradition At NXT TakeOver Specials (Video)
* Booker T: The Rock's Quiet Retirement Ended On 6-Sec WrestleMania Match
* Reigns Once Again Has Strong Response To Jon Moxley/WWE Comments
Rajah.com Social Media Interaction* Follow Rajah head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom