Court Bauer and Major League Wrestling have chimed in regarding the surprising news of Lio Rush's retirement.
As noted, the man who recently debuted in the Casino Battle Royale at the AEW Double Or Nothing pay-per-view and is a former WWE and MLW veteran, shocked the wrestling world by announcing his retirement via social media earlier this week.
In an update on the story, MLW issued the following statement on the news featuring comments from Court Bauer.
Lio Rush retiresLio Rush exits active competition in the squared circle
Major League Wrestling was informed yesterday that former World Middleweight Champion Lio Rush has elected to retire and focus on his family projects outside of the ring, following an injury.
“Lio is a brilliant athlete who made a difficult decision but one that I admire for his commitment to putting family first,” said MLW CEO Court Bauer. “I along with everyone at Major League Wrestling wish Lio continued success with the next chapter of his life and thank him for sharing his extraordinary talent with the world.”
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom