One of five major cities is expected to land this year's Opera Cup.
Major League Wrestling announced on Thursday that the promotion is laying out their plans for the MLW Opera Cup Tournament, with Boston, Chicago, New York, Baltimore and Toronto are the leading candidates to host the event.
MLW released this press release today with the details.
MLW.com has learned that the league is beginning to map out the 2021 Opera Cup.
Cities being considered to host the annual tournament, which originally was hosted in opera houses nearly a century ago, include: Chicago, New York, Boston, Baltimore and Toronto.
The “classic,” which dates back to the turn of the 19th/20th century, returned after a 71 year hiatus in 2019.
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom