IMPACT Wrestling veteran Moose recently appeared as a guest on the "Da Call Up" podcast for an in-depth interview covering all things pro wrestling.
During his appearance on the popular pro wrestling program, the former NFL star revealed that his run as TNA Heavyweight Champion was originally scheduled to include the return of the "King Of The Mountain" gimmick match.
Featured below are some of the highlights from his interview on the podcast where he touches on this particular topic.
On originally planning to have a King of the Mountain match at an event that was eventually canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic: "We were supposed to have a show in Tampa [TNA: No Place Like Home] and there was a King of the Mountain match with five or six of us, with me being one of them, and it was going to be for the TNA Heavyweight Title. They were going to bring it back. That show got canceled due to COVID and we had to find a way to still have the belt on the show."
On how they got the idea for him to just call himself the champion: "Management thought of the idea, ‘Moose, you’re a badass, just grab the title and claim you’re the champion.’ That’s what I did. That run changed my whole career, especially the stuff I did with EC3. That changed me from a Floyd Mayweather-type to a Mike Tyson-type to where I just want to hurt people and beat people up."
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom