-- The WWE Smackdown tag team titles changed hands last night with New Day members Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston, both of whom returned to TV, defeating Shinsuke Nakamura and Cesaro. The celebration was short lived though as Stephanie McMahon announced that the new champs were being drafted by Raw but with the next pick, Smackdown chose Big E - effectively ending the group's run as a trio.
-- Interestingly, last month the WrestleVotes account threw out an idea that was being discussed by WWE creative that would have seen Kingston on Raw, Big E on Smackdown and Xavier Woods floating between the two brands as their manager.
Interesting idea that was discussed but turned down: Kofi Kingston would return to RAW, while Big E stays on SmackDown. Both remain part of New Day, including gear & music. Just on separate brands. Another twist: Xavier Woods would serve as a manager type appearing on both shows.
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) September 17, 2020
REACTION: WWE, AEW & Wrestling News Discussion* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom