On this past Wednesday's episode of AEW Dynamite, former world champion Chris Jericho was confronted by AEW's newest signee, Broken Matt Hardy. The segment saw Jericho and Hardy trade blows before The Inner Circle and The Elite engaged in another show ending brawl.
According to the Wrestling Observer, the angle was actually shot more than once due to Jericho disliking their first take. The plan was to shoot it before Dynamite aired on Wednesday but because of the timing it would have been light outside. AEW ran all of Dynamite live except for the Kip Sabian and Darby Allin match (which was taped) and filmed a second take of Jericho and Hardy then. Reports are that all those involved liked the second angle better.
Jericho would confirm this on his Facebook Live stream last night.
They filmed it the night before ... they filmed one version of it and I wasn't there. And it we get into Wednesday and I didn't really like the way that it turned out, it wasn't my vision, really. So, we said, 'Let's do it again Wednesday,' and we'll do it right before the show starts.' Keep in mind, there's nobody coming into the venue. We thought we'd film this at 8, but the problem was the sun hadn't gone down yet, so it was still fairly light inside the venue.
RAJAH SOCIAL MEDIA* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom