— According to the Wresting Observer Newsletter, FOX was primarily responsible for selecting the announcing team for Smackdown on Fridays. They selected Michael Cole - who was perceived as the company’s top announcer and Corey Graves, who was perceived as the top analyst. FOX also wanted Renee Young in some capacity and that’s why she was picked to host WWE Backstage.
-- As noted before, FOX also pushed for two-man commentary booths, which is why many on-air personalities were either re-assigned or currently without a role. Young and Tom Phillips were put on different shows - WWE Backstage and NXT UK, respectively, while Byron Saxton is still with the company but not being used at the moment.
Rajah.com Social Media Interaction* Follow Rajah head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom