Rachael Evers has confirmed that she suffered a torn ACL last weekend.
As noted, Evers, real name Rachael Ellering -- daughter of WWE Hall Of Famer Paul Ellering -- went down with an injury at last weekend's NXT live event in Fort Pierce, Florida.
The match, which featured Evers taking on Lacey Lane, ended up being stopped and ruled a "No Contest" due to Evers' inability to continue the match due to injury.
On Friday, Evers took to social media to release a statement, confirming that the injury she suffered is, in fact, a torn ACL.
Check out Rachael Evers' complete statement below, and check out photos of her suffering the injury during the NXT Fort Pierce match with Lacey Lane last weekend by clicking here.
Professional wrestling is the love of my life. My heart is at home when I'm in that ring sharing moments with you all.
On Saturday night, my heart broke a little bit. At our NXT show in Florida, I tore my ACL. Those three letters have caused me to feel so much pain, disappointment and fear.
I never thought that I would have to face this challenge and be ripped away from what makes my heart thrive -- what I'm born to do.
But here I am.
That same passion that fueled me in the ring, will now push me to return to it. The unsettling, sorrowful, aching feelings will pass. I have incredible people in my corner; people who love me and believe in me and that means so much.
I have surgery on Tuesday and Wednesday I begin my journey back to my home -- the ring.
As a wise woman once said, "I am a goddess, a glorious female warrior." So now its time to prove it.
In addition to Evers, WWE also issued a statement on their official website confirming the injury.
WWE posted the following on Friday:
Rachael Evers suffers torn ACL
NXT Superstar and two-time Mae Young Classic competitor Rachael Evers suffered a torn ACL last Saturday while in action at a Live Event in Fort Pierce, Fla.
Evers revealed the extent of her injury in a post on social media, explaining that she is slated to undergo surgery on Tuesday. She also shared a photo of herself on crutches.
Admitting that she’s heartbroken to be pulled away from in-ring competition – “what I’m born to do” – the second-generation Superstar and “Queen of Strong Smile” nonetheless maintained a positive outlook, vowing to let her passion drive her as she begins her comeback journey.
Evers, who is the daughter of WWE Hall of Famer Paul Ellering, joined the WWE Performance Center in February.
Check out photos of Rachael Evers suffering the injury at the NXT Fort Pierce event last weekend by clicking here.
More WWE & AEW Headlines (For Week Of 7/29 - 8/4)* Alexa Bliss Gets Two More New Tattoos Over The Weekend (Photos)
* Randy Orton & Wife's Romantic Weekend (Pics & Vid Of Them Making Out!)
* Update On WWE Doing Mandy Rose/Sonya Deville Lesbian Angle
* WWE Planning To Launch Brand New 'NXT Canada' Brand?
* Vince McMahon Makes First Public Comments Criticizing AEW?
* Funny Video Of Sonya Deville Messing Up Her Lines On SD! Live (Updated)
* Update On WWE Building To "Demon King" vs. "The Fiend" Super Match
* Detailed Update On Jimmy Uso's Latest Arrest: Being Difficult With Cops
* Backstage News On WWE Planning All-Women Special SD! Live Episode
* WWE No Longer Expects To Break WWE Network Record In 2019
* Hulk Hogan Predicts WWE's Next 2 "Breakout Mega-Stars" From NXT
* Update On AEW On TNT Show Name: Options Being Considered
* Married WWE Couple Surprise WWE Fans At Wedding (Video)
* WWE Network To Relaunch With NEW Design & Features (Video & Photos)
* Hulk Hogan "Like You've Never Seen Him Before" (Photos)
* 5 Pages Worth Of Backstage News From WWE RAW Reunion
* WWE's Newest 7-Foot-Plus Tall Giant Makes NXT Debut (Photos)
Rajah.com Social Media Interaction* Follow Rajah head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom