The following are results of the NXT Takeover: R Evolution live WWE Network special, which took place on Thursday, December 11, 2014 from Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida.
- Corey Graves announced that his in-ring career was over and that he was retiring due to concussions. However, it was revealed that he is joining the NXT announcing team. He makes his debut tonight.
- Kevin Owens def. C.J. Parker in the opening match on the show. The fans were heavily into Owens throughout the match. Owens ended up getting busted open pretty badly near the end of the match, likely from a palm strike from Parker. It looked like he may have suffered a broken nose. In the end, Owens picked up the win with a big power bomb for the 1-2-3.
- The Lucha Dragons def. The Vaudevillains to retain the NXT Tag-Team Championships. This was a fun match with a lot of high-spots and high-flying offense. The finish saw Kalisto hit the Salida del Sol on Simon Gotch for the 1-2-3.
- Baron Corbin def. Tye Dillinger in a quick squash. The fans did the routine where they count from the opening bell. The count died down when it got past 30, although the match didn't last much longer than that. Corbin hit Dillinger with the End Of Days for the pinfall victory. After the match, he and Bull Dempsey, who was in the front row, had a long staredown.
- Finn Balor & Hideo Itami def. The Ascension in an awesome tag-team match. Balor's entrance alone garnered "this is awesome" and "marking out" chants from the fans at Full Sail University. He had the head gear and the full-body paint, etc. The finish in this one saw Balor and Itami both hit a double-foot-stomp off the top, with Balor scoring the pinfall.
- Charlotte def. Sasha Banks to retain the NXT Women's Championship. This was an excellent NXT Women's match that had a lot of positive chants from the fans, such as "this is wrestling!" In the end, Charlotte hit the Natural Selection for the pinfall victory to retain the title.
- Sami Zayn def. Adrian Neville to become the new NXT Champion in the main event of the evening. This match tore down the house, exactly as you would expect. Zayn hit his big running boot to the face in the corner for the pinfall victory after a bunch of teases with ref bumps, which at one point actually led to the fans chanting "this ref sucks." Lots of cool spots throughout this one and lots of intensity from the fans in attendance. After the match, the entire NXT roster, including Pat Patterson, came out to congratulate Zayn. They put him up on their shoulders and it was a big, giant celebration. Then, out of nowhere, Owens turned on Zayn, power-bombing him to start a rivalry between each other. The show ends on that note. Great main event and great show.