The following are results of the NXT TakeOver: Rival special, which aired live on the WWE Network on Wednesday, February 11, 2015.
- Hideo Itami def. Tyler Breeze in an excellent opening match. This was a solid match to kick off the special. The crowd was hot for it throughout. In the end, Itami picked up the "W" with a running kick to the face.
- Baron Corbin def. Bull Dempsey in a No DQ match. Dempsey dominated a lot of the action throughout the majority of the match, however in the end, Corbin hit his End Of Days finisher for the 1-2-3.
- Wesley Blake & Buddy Murphy def. The Lucha Dragons to retain the NXT Tag-Team Championships. This was a solid tag-team match with a ton of fast-paced, high-flying spots. In the end, Blake hit a top rope frog splash on Sin Cara for the pinfall victory.
- Finn Balor def. Adrian Neville to become the new number one contender to the NXT Championship. Balor did his elaborate entrance, which as usual, received a big reaction from the crowd. Neville dominated a lot of the action throughout, including multiple believable near falls, however in the end, Falor hit a giant double foot stomp off the top rope to score the win.
- Sasha Banks def. Charlotte, Becky Lynch and Bayley to become the new NXT Women's Champion. This was an outstanding Women's wrestling match, with each girl having their shining moment. The finish saw Banks hold Charlotte in a submission hold for a while until she ultimately did a quick-switch to a roll-up for the 1-2-3 to become the new NXT Women's Champion.
- Kevin Owens def. Sami Zayn to become the new NXT Champion. This was very much like, and even compared on the announcing to, the Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena match from last year's WWE SummerSlam pay-per-view, in that Owens was basically squashing Zayn throughout the first several minutes of the match. The story of the match was that Zayn suffered a concussion while attempting a springboard moonsault on Owens on the floor. Doctors would keep checking on Zayn, but Owens would continue to beat on him without mercy. After Owens delivered four hard power bombs onto Zayn, the trainer told the referee to stop the match, which he did. Owens becomes the new NXT Champion via referee stoppage.