As noted, Renee Paquette recently sat down for an in-depth one-on-one interview with veteran pro wrestling journalist Chris Van Vliet.
During their discussion. Paquette, who performed as Renee Young during her time with WWE, spoke about whether Jon Moxley, her real-life husband, parting ways with WWE and jumping-ship to AEW played a factor in her decision to leave the global sports entertainment conglomerate as well.
Featured below is an excerpt from the interview where Renee Paquette talks about this particular topic.
"Shockingly, no, it didn’t. It actually made my life easier to be honest in the sense of like, one of the hardest parts was like I had just started doing commentary when he came back from injury, and he came back and was coming back as this heel character. And god, calling my husband’s matches while he is this like wacky heel was like a really hard spot to be in because some days I would get the feedback of like, ‘Just call it like a wrestling match. You don’t know him,’ to then being like, ‘What did you guys have for dinner last night,’ or ‘What did you guys talk about at home over the weekend?’ I’m like, ‘F***!’ I had no idea how to like really navigate that. So once he left, I was like, ‘Well, at least I don’t have to deal with that anymore, thank god.’
"But no, you know, I kind of kept waiting to see if people would maybe treat me a little differently, like even just — because I was sitting in production meetings every week, like, ‘Are they going to want me in production meetings because I’m so privy to all the information going on in WWE,’ and like, ‘Are they going to not want me to know this information, so I’m not like leaking information to my husband or something?’ But no, none of that ever really happened. If it did, it was a slow enough burn that I never noticed it."
Watch the above excerpt from Chris Van Vliet's new interview with Renee Paquette via the video embedded below courtesy of his official YouTube channel.
- PHOTOS: WWE Superstar MANDY ROSE Nearly Breaks Internet W/ BRAND NEW Pics Of Her In UNDERWEAR (*MUST-SEE* ...)
Wrestling News Reaction & Discussion* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom