When the ratings for AEW Rampage: The First Dance came in and actually scored higher than the SummerSlam "go-home" episode of Friday Night SmackDown on FOX in several key demos, Roman Reigns' "needle-mover" comments about CM Punk did not age very well.
Regardless, that hasn't stopped "The Head of the Table" for reiterating the sentiment when responding to a tweet from WWE touting the business success of WWE SummerSlam 2021.
Reigns wrote in a reply to the aforementioned tweet, "Legitimate needle moving."
Chavo Guerrero Jr., an AEW talent, also chimed in on Twitter to bring up the "needle mover" Reigns quote in a tweet that he shared soon-after the Rampage ratings surfaced.
"I gotta say that CM Punk may have moved the needle a little last night for AEW."
Check out the pair of tweets below.
Legitimate needle moving. https://t.co/1Qsr6kYWb2
— Roman Reigns (@WWERomanReigns) August 24, 2021
— Chavo Guerrero jr. (@mexwarrior) August 21, 2021
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom