Sami Zayn recently appeared as a guest on the WWE After The Bell with Corey Graves podcast for an in-depth interview covering all things pro wrestling.
During the appearance, Zayn spoke about being heckled by Scary Spice (Mel B.) from the Spice Girls during a match at a recent non-televised WWE live event.
Featured below is an excerpt from the interview where he touches on this topic with his thoughts.
“What happened was I got knocked to the floor during my match. You know, I’m an antagonizer. Sami Zayn gets the crowd riled up a little bit before the match, especially with the microphone and all of that. I’m expecting a few comments when I’m knocked on the floor ringside momentarily. But I’m hearing some particular vitriol over here when I’m on the floor, and I’m not really realizing who it is at the moment, but they’re really on my a**.
"So I’m doing a little bit of back-talk. It was like, ‘Get up, you’re a coward.’ I’m saying, ‘Hey, I’m hurt. Give me a second. You don’t know what it’s like. I’m in pain right now.’ That’s when the line was uttered by Scary Spice, under her breath mind you. Because she was in the front row, it was almost as if she knelt down and whispered in my ear of what I know and you know what you’re being right now.”
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom