As this year's WWE Survivor Series 2020 pay-per-view continues to draw closer, The Undertaker keeps making the media rounds to promote the event that will mark his 30th anniversary with WWE and feature the heavily advertised "Final Farewell" segment featuring "The Deadman."
During a recent discussion with The Wrap, "The Phenom" spoke about talking with WWE executive and longtime friend Paul "Triple H" Levesque about possibly becoming a coach for the WWE Performance Center, his thoughts now that "The Last Ride" docuseries has aired and more.
Featured below are some of the highlights of The Wrap's interview with WWE legend The Undertaker.
On having talks with Triple H about becoming a coach at the WWE Performance Center in Florida, and how that would work with "The Deadman" being based out of Texas: "You know, that’s the pickle that I’m in right now, is trying to [figure] out what lane I want to take. I’ve been on the road for so long, that really doesn’t appeal to me, traveling and doing all that. I love to teach. Triple H and I have had many conversations about me working with the talent there at NXT, in Orlando at the PC. And I really enjoy that. And we’re just trying to figure out how it works because I’d have to come in and go out. I live in Texas. So I’m sure I will do more of that moving forward. I think there’s a lot of– I think I have a lot to offer. The product is changing and evolving, but I think there’s a lot of what I bring to the table that is still applicable to the product and these guys need to hear it and see it from somebody who has made it work. So we’ll see what happens there."
On his overall thoughts on The Last Ride documentary project now that it has aired, and how he has questioned if it was the right thing to do: "Very proud, very proud of how it turned out. That part of it I was extremely happy with. But it took a while for me to let my guard down. Initially, to even give that access, I was fighting it… Funny story, I may have said it already at some point, but Dan Pucherelli, who is the main producer on this thing, they were following me backstage somewhere. And I turned around and I snapped at him and was like, ‘Why the hell are you guys filming me?’ And Dan is such a respectful guy, and he just kind of was like, ‘Um, you asked us to?’ ‘Oh, yeah, you’re right, you’re right. That’s my bad. Just give me a second.’ So, yeah, I had to work through a lot of it, especially talking about behind-the-scenes things. It just was so unnatural for me to do. Even today, as proud as I am of ‘The Last Ride’ doc, it’s like, man, should I have done that? I have this internal struggle with myself, like, should I have just kept protecting the gimmick? Everybody has been very happy and receptive to it, but there’s also those ones that are like, ‘Oh man, you just ruined my childhood.’ And I laugh at it, but it’s like, man I should have just rode off into the sunset and not give anything. Obviously, I know that’s probably not the right thing to do, but that’s my nature just due to the fact of how I protected [the character and the business] for so long."
Check out the complete interview with The Undertaker at TheWrap.com.
- BREAKING UPDATE: Conflicting Reports Surface Over Reason For Zelina Vega's WWE Release; Vega Issues Second Statement Addressing The News ...
OTHER RECENT HEADLINES:
- * 10-Yr. Old Jim Ross In Touching Local Newspaper Article (Photos)
* Brock Lesnar Shows Off His New Post-WWE Look (Photo)
* Dana Brooke & Batista Break Up, Dana Dating Pro Boxing Star Now (Photos)
* Paige Stalker Arrested At Her Home After Fight With Her Boyfriend (Photos)
REACTION: Undertaker To Become WWE PC Coach?* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom