-- The following was announced by WWE today:
STAMFORD, Conn., August 8, 2019 – WWE®(NYSE: WWE) today announced that Boston will host SummerSlam Week in August 2020 with SummerSlam, SmackDown® Live, Monday Night Raw® and NXT® taking place at TD Garden over four consecutive nights.
2020 Key Dates:
Friday, August 21 – SmackDown Live
Saturday, August 22 – NXT TakeOver
Sunday, August 23 – SummerSlam
Monday, August 24 – Monday Night Raw
SummerSlam is more than just a one-day event, it’s a multi-day celebration, as WWE will host a series of activities including autograph signings and community outreach programs designed to leave a lasting impact throughout the New England region.
“We are thrilled to bring WWE’s biggest event of the summer to Boston in 2020,” said John P. Saboor, WWE Executive Vice President, Special Events. “We are grateful to Mayor Walsh, Governor Baker and our partners at TD Garden and look forward to working with them to welcome the world to one of America’s great sports and entertainment cities.”
“On behalf of the City of Boston, we are excited to once again host WWE SummerSlam at TD Garden," said Mayor Martin J. Walsh. "SummerSlam attracts fans from all across the world, and we are excited to welcome them all to our city for this hallmark WWE event."
“We have an incredible history with WWE and are honored that they have once again selected TD Garden as the home of SummerSlam”, said Amy Latimer, president of TD Garden. “We’ve dramatically enhanced the arena experience with the addition of The Hub on Causeway and recent arena expansion, and we are thrilled to showcase these tremendous upgrades with fans for one of WWE’s biggest marquee events.”
Additional details, including ticket availability and travel packages, will be announced in the near future.
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience. WWE is committed to family-friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE’s TV-PG, family-friendly programming can be seen in more than 800 million homes worldwide in 28 languages. WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 over-the-top premium network that includes all live pay-per-views, scheduled programming and a massive video-on-demand library, is currently available in more than 180 countries. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Dubai, Munich and Tokyo.
Additional information on WWE (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.
Other Recent WWE & AEW News Headlines* More Big WWE Changes Coming With Move To FOX
* Backstage News On WWE Stars Pitching Their Own Storylines Lately
* Reigns Again Makes Interesting Response To Moxley/WWE Comments
* Update: More Details On WWE's Return To Saudi Arabia For Next Live Special
* WWE 2K20: Gameplay Trailer, Lynch/Reigns On Cover (Updated)
* Backstage Update On The Undertaker's Future WWE Status
* Randy Orton's WWE Contract Coming Up Soon: What Are His Plans?
* Cody Rhodes Talks About Texting Non-WWE Wrestlers
* What Is Biggest Change Paul Heyman Has Made Since Taking Over RAW?
Rajah.com Social Media Interaction* Follow Rajah head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom