WWE Hell In A Cell 2018 took place at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, TX.
Kickoff Show: (by prowrestling.net)
-The Kickoff Show was hosted by Jonathan Coachman and they showed off the new read Hell in a Cell cage that looks like something out of a play set. The panel featured Paige, Booker T, and Peter Rosenberg.
-The panel discussed the Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch feud and a video package also showcased it. They moved on to discussing the Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella vs. The Miz and Maryse feud.
-Backstage, Charly Caruso interviewed Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose. She asked how the balance of power would change if they captured the tag titles. Ambrose said nothing would change because Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler would realize they never had the power to begin with. Rollins acknowledged The Shield could hold all of the men’s gold on Raw by the end of the night. Rollins said they refer to themselves as the workhorses of Raw and tonight is another chance to prove it.
-A video package highlighted the Jeff Hardy and Randy Orton feud. Their Hell in a Cell match will open the main card.
-The focus shifted to the WWE Championship match involving AJ Styles and Samoa Joe. They replayed the storybook video from Smackdown.
-Up next was the Raw Women’s Championship match. Alexa Bliss was interviewed from backstage. She said Ronda Rousey has a massive ego and she actually believes she is the best at everything. Bliss said those who think she doesn’t stand a chance are basing their opinions on SummerSlam and this event isn’t SummerSlam. She said the headlines will read that Ronda Rousey failed in her first title defense. Otunga went to ask a question, but Bliss blew him off by walking off the interview set.
-New Day made their entrance delivered a pre-match promo. Kofi Kingston fired up the crowd for pumpkin spice latte season. They teased doing a song and were interrupted by Aiden English, who cleared his throat. English sang a song that concluded with the usual Rusev Day line…
"New Day" Big E and Kofi Kingston (w/Xavier Woods) vs. Rusev and Aiden English (w/Lana) for the Smackdown Tag Titles
The Smackdown broadcast team of Tom Phillips, Corey Graves, and Byron Saxton called the match. They cut to a split-screen HIAC commercial early in the match.
Big E checked into the match and worked over English with suplexes and a splash. Rusev tagged in and put E down with a couple of clotheslines and a kick. Rusev threw another kick at E and covered him for a two count. There was a loud “Rusev Day” chant as Rusev set up for his finisher. E avoided it. Rusev countered into an Accolade attempt, which E also avoided.
Rusev tagged out and was speared off the apron by E. English dove onto E and brought him back to the ring where he got a two count. Kingston tagged in and hit a double stomp off the top rope while E held up English, which led to a two count.
A short time later, E launched Kingston over the top and right into a kick from Rusev. English took out E. Rusev brought Kingston back to the ring. English tagged himself in and there was some discussion between him and Rusev. Rusev missed a diving headbutt. English connected with a splash for a two count. English went to tag Rusev, who was down on the floor. English put Kingston in an Accolade. Rusev returned and caught E with a kick. Kingston fought out of the hold and hit Trouble in Paradise on English and pinned him…
New Day defeated Rusev and Aiden English in 8:55 to retain the Smackdown Tag Titles.
-The panel discussed the tag title match and previewed the remainder of the show.
-Mike Rome interviewed Mick Foley backstage. Foley had his homemade referee shirt on. Rome asked him how emotional it was to be back at Hell in a Cell. Foley said it is emotional and shifted the focus by saying it’s about Roman Reigns and Braun Strowman. He said he just happens to have the best seat in the house. Baron Corbin showed up and asked Foley if he was up for the match. Foley offered him general manager advice, but Corbin cut him off and said he would let his performance speak for itself.
-A video package focused on the Reigns vs. Strowman match. The panel offered their closing thoughts on HIAC to end the Kickoff Show.
Hell In A Cell:
- Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton: The Cell is around the ring, and Jeff and Orton will be starting off tonight's show. The opening bell sounds and Jeff starts this one off fired. The fight spills out to ringside where Orton makes a brief comeback. Orton goes to put a table in the ring, but Jeff does a baseball slide kick that knocks it into his face. Jeff hits a version of the Poetry In Motion on Orton up against the cage, and then he takes this back in the ring. Jeff hits the Hardyac Arrest in the corner, and then he goes up top to look for the Swanton Bomb. Orton gets up first and knocks Hardy down. They fight back out to ringside, where Hardy looks for a suplex onto a ladder, but Orton reverses and suplexes Hardy on to the ladder. They get back in the ring, where Orton repeatedly bashes Jeff Hardy with a steel chair while he's down. The crowd tries to rally behind Hardy as Orton keeps him down. Orton takes a ladder in the ring and he lays Jeff in between the two legs of the ladder and stomps on him. Hardy finally fights back and drops Orton, then hits the double leg drop and a running dropkick. They run the ropes and Orton comes back with a spinning powerslam. Orton goes out to ringside to grab more weapons. Orton passes on the steel chair, and instead grabs a tool box from under the ring. Orton grabs a screwdriver and then gets back in the ring. Orton sticks his finger through Jeff's pierced ear then he shoves the scredriver into the ear hole and twists Jeff's ear around. Orton twists his ear around, a lot, as the crowd groans in disgust. Jeff finally gets back to his feet and hits a mule kick low-blow on Orton. Hardy grabs the steel chair now and repeatedly bashes Orton with it. Jeff goes up top for a Swanton, but Orton knocks him down once again and then hits the draping DDT from the middle rope. Oton's back is bleeding lightly in several places now. Orton waits and lets Hardy get to his feet and he looks for the RKO, but Jeff escapes it and hits the Twist of Fate. Jeff immediately grabs a steel chair and puts it on top of Orton. Jeff goes up top and hits a Swanton Bomb on Orton with the steel chair on him, but Orton kicks out at 2. Jeff pummels on Orton and then arranges more weapons in the ring. Hardy puts two ladders side by side, a bigger one and a smaller one, and he lays Orton across the table. Orton appears to be bleeding from his leg now as well. Jeff climbs up and hangs from the top of the Cell by his hands, and he hangs from it like Monkey Bars. Jeff goes to drop down from the top through Orton, but Orton rolls out of the way and Jeff crashes through the table by himself. The ref calls for medics and wants the Cell door open, and he refuses to count for Orton pinning him. The ref finally gets down and counts the pin, and Orton scores the three count. The ref demands for medics to get Jeff on a stretcher, and they load him on to one post-match instead of showing Orton's celebration.
Winner: Randy Orton
- The cell is raised back up the ceiling as medics put Jeff on the stretcher. Orton briefly poses on the turnbuckle and then he limps to the back.
- WWE Champion AJ Styles does a brief interview in the back where he talks about Joe talking about his wife and young child. AJ says he can't wait until his match tonight, and this is the house that AJ Styles built.
- We see some video footage outside in San Antonio by their famous River Walk.
- We go to a video package looking at the history between Charlotte and Becky Lynch, leading to their match tonight.
- WWE SmackDown Women's Title: Charlotte (c) vs. Becky Lynch: The opening bell sounds and they wrestle around the mat evenly until Becky gets up and shoulder-blocks Charlotte down. Charlotte grabs Becky and looks for the Figure Four, but Becky breaks free and looks for the Disarm Her. Charlotte breaks free too and they trade shoulder locks now. Charlotte begins to focus on Becky's left leg and beat on that left knee. Becky starts to fight back and looks to be targeting Charlotte's left shoulder now. They fight out to apron and trade shots to the face until Becky grabs Charlotte by the arm and slams her shoulder-first into the apron. Back in the ring Becky covers for a two count. Charlotte starts to fight back and she dodges an attack from Becky in the corner. Charlotte comes back with a big boot, and both women are down, with Charlotte still selling the shoulder. Charlotte misses a shot and Becky immediately looks for the Disarm Her. Charlotte reverses the submission attempt into a powerbomb for a two count. Becky recovers and looks for the Disarm Her, and this time she successfully locks it in. Charlotte struggles and finally reaches the bottom rope to break the hold. Both women slowly get to their feet and Charlotte fights back with some elbows to the face. Charlotte runs the ropes and looks for the spear, but Becky catches her in a roll-up for the three count.
Winner & new SmackDown Women's Champion: Becky Lynch
- After the match, Charlotte tries to shake Becky's hand, but Becky declines and walks off with her Women's Title.
- The New Day is backstage for a brief segment where they discuss their win earlier tonight, with Kofi doing his backstage interviewer character again.
- RAW Tag Team Titles: Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins: Rollins and Ziggler start this one off, and Ziggler takes control with a boot to the face. Rollins comes back with some strikes of his own and he looks for the Curb Stomp, but Ziggler evades it and rolls outside for a breather. Drew tags in now, and so does Ambrose. Drew gets the upper hand and drops him, then Ziggler tags back in. Ziggler tries to keep Ambrose down with a side headlock now. Ambrose finally fights free and Rollins gets the hot tag. Rollins hits a superkick on Ziggler and Ziggler falls outside. Rollins looks for a suicide dive, but Drew grabs his ankle from ringside to stop him. Ziggler then gets back in the ring and drops Rollins from behind. Drew tags in now and lays into Rollins with strikes in the corner. Ziggler comes back in and applies a sleeper. Rollins finally fights out with a back suplex, and both men are down. Drew gets the tag and charges at Rollins, but Rollins dumps him outside. Rollins looks to tag in Ambrose, but Drew pulls Ambrose down from the apron and drops him. Back in the ring, Drew and Seth go at it, and Drew hits a version of the Alabama Slam for a two count. Rollins fights back and finally gets the tag to Ambrose, but the ref didn't see it because Ziggler was distracting the ref. The ref holds back Ambrose while Drew and Ziggler both beat on Rollins. Ziggler takes Rollins up top, but Rollins shoves him down and hits a Blockbuster. Ambrose finally gets the hot tag and cleans house. Dean knocks Ziggler outside, and then focuses his attention on the legal man McIntyre. Ambrose looks for a shot off the top, but McIntyre catches him and hits a belly to belly suplex in the corner. Rollins gets back in the mix now and goes for suicide dive on both Drew and Dolph at ringside, but they catch him in mid-air. Ambrose now goes flying out of the ring and crashes on to all of them at ringside. Ziggler and Rollins get back in the ring before the ref's 10 count. Ziggler looks for a DDT, but Rollins reverses it into a Falcon Arrow for a two count. Rollins follows up with the Buckle Bomb, but Drew breaks up the pin. Ambrose takes McIntyre outside, and then Dolph hits the Zig Zag on Rollins for a two count. Ziggler and McIntyre look for the double team Zig Zag/Claymore, but Ambrose pulls Ziggler away and Rollins superkicks Drew. Rollins follows up with the frog splash off the top for a two count on Drew. Ambrose and Rollins look for a superplex on Drew, but Ziggler breaks it up. Ziggler and Rollins brawl out to ringside, and Drew knocks Ambrose down and hits a flying clothesline. Ziggler and Rollins fight up on the corner and and Rollins hits a superplex and then looks for the Falcon Arrow, but Drew hits him with the Claymore Kick before he can execute it. Ziggler falls on Rollins and the ref counts three.
Winners & still Tag Team Champions: Dean Ambrose & Dolph Ziggler
- Mick Foley approaches Braun Strowman in his locker room backstage. Foley warns Braun that the cell will change you, and that Braun has to respect his authority out there tonight. Braun says all Foley needs to do is count to three tonight and hand him his Universal Title belt, because Foley doesn't want to have a Monster problem.
- We see a replay of Samoa Joe reading his "Night Night, AJ" story from SmackDown earlier this week.
- WWE Title: AJ Styles (c) vs Samoa Joe: Joe taunts AJ before this one starts. The opening bell sounds and AJ immediately charges Joe and lays into him with strikes in the corner. Joe fights back with right hands and chops, and now they are trading blows in the middle of the ring. AJ hits a big dropkick that sends Joe rolling out to ringside. AJ follows him out and hits a knee to the face from the apron. Back in the ring, AJ leaps up to the top rope for a Phenomenal Forearm, but Joe rolls out of the ring to avoid it. AJ follows him out, but Joe catches him with a big boot. Back in the ring, Joe controls the pace now with a cross-body and more strikes. AJ finally comes back with a shot off the top for a two count. Both men are down and hurting. Joe fires up and hits a powerbomb for another two count on the Champion. Joe and AJ trade strikes now until AJ catches him and hits a spin-out powerbomb for a two count of his own. AJ springboards off the top and hits a flying 450 splash for a two count. Joe comes back with a slingshot into corner, and Joe connects with an enziguri to the head. AJ appears to be bleeding from the mouth or nose now. The grapple back and forth until Joe locks in the Coquina Clutch. AJ powers up and rolls back, and he lands on top of Joe, rolled up. The ref counts to three, and it appears AJ has won. During the pin, AJ's arm is flailing.
Winner & still WWE Champion: AJ Styles
- Immediately after the bell, Joe gets up and protests the call. Joe thinks that AJ tapped out during the pin. Joe continues to protest, and he takes the Title Belt from AJ. AJ retaliates and kicks Joe in the head and drops him. AJ takes his Title back as Joe heads to the back. We go to replays, and it appears that AJ did tap out on Joe's body before the ref counted to three. AJ sees the replay on the big screen as he recovers in the ring.
- The Miz and Maryse do a brief interview backstage before their match up next. We go to a video package looking at the history between Miz & Maryse, and Daniel Bryan & Brie Bella.
- Miz & Maryse vs. Daniel Bryan & Brie Bella: Miz and Daniel will start this one off. A distraction from Maryse at ringside allows Miz to hit a cheap-shot on Bryan. Miz throws a kick at Bryan but Bryan catches it and takes him down with a dragon screw. They go up to the top rope and Bryan hits a Frankensteiner. Bryan looks for the Yes Lock but Miz escapes. Miz comes back with the "yes kicks" and beats on Bryan in the corner. Bryan finally fights him off and goes flying off the top for a diving headbutt, but Miz rolls out of the way and Bryan crashes to the mat by himself. Miz looks for his own version of the Yes Lock, but Bryan breaks free and Brie tags in. Brie slaps Miz across the face repeately, and then she goes after Maryse and they fight out to the ringside floor. Bryan then goes flying off the apron with a knee on Miz. Miz comes back an whips Bryan into the fan barricade, and both men are own. Back in the ring, Brie hits a splash on Maryse and pummels on her. Bryan brings Miz back in the ring, and he and Brie hit the Yes Kicks on Maryse and Miz. Brie pushes Maryse into the Miz who falls down to ringside with Bryan. Maryse and Brie now take turns rolling each other up and Maryse ends up getting the three count.
Winners: The Miz & Maryse
- Miz and Maryse immediately retreat up the ramp and embrace on the stage while Bryan and Bella look confused in the ring.
- We see a replay of Jeff Hardy's match with Randy Orton earlier. We go to the broadcast table, where Michael Cole tells us that Jeff Hardy has been taken to the hospital and is being monitored.
- Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Alexa Bliss: Natalya, Mickie James and Alicia Fox are all at ringside for this one. The opening bell sounds and Alexa is hesitant to engage at first. Ronda takes the fight to Alexa and drops her. Alexa fights back and hits some kicks in the corner, but Ronda turns the tide and pummels on Alexa in the corner. Ronda looks for an arm bar, but Mickie James gets on the apron to distract her. Ronda turns back around to Alexa and hits a release suplex on Alexa. Ronda chases Alexa around the ring and then back on to the mat. Alexa charges at Ronda and Ronda dodges, throwing Alexa into Mickie and Alicia at ringside. Back in the ring, Alexa hits a cheap shot and turns things around. Ronda looks for a judo throw, but Alexa escapes and drops her then hits a knee drop. Alexa hits a standing moonsault for a two count. They fight into the corner and Ronda starts to fire up. Ronda looks for a superplex, but Alexa escapes. Alexa kicks out Ronda's leg and hangs her upside down on the turnbuckle, then she hits a running dropkick to the ribs. Alexa continues the attack on Ronda on the mat and applies a shoulder lock. Alicia and Mickie look to interfere, but Natalya runs in and his a suplex on Mickie on the floor. Back in the ring, Ronda and Alexa run the ropes and collide mid-air. Alexa grabs Ronda by the throat and taunts her, but Ronda gets up and hits a gut-wrench powerbomb on Alexa. Alexa tries to fight back, but Ronda catches her and hits a rolling fireman's carry. Ronda grabs Alexa's arm and applies the arm bar, and Alexa immediately taps out.
Winner & still RAW Women's Champion: Ronda Rousey
- Ronda takes her Women's Title and holds up the belt in the ring as Natalya gets in to celebrate with her.
- We go backstage where Samoa Joe is berating the referee from his match against AJ. Joe says the referee should be fired for missing AJ tapping out. Paige walks in and Joe freaks out at her. Paige says the referee's decision is final, but Joe will get a rematch in 3 weeks at the WWE SuperShow. Joe says 3 weeks is ridiculous, and Joe should be Champion right now not arguing with Paige. Joe says he wants no more excuses, he wants AJ with no rules and no count out, and there must be a winner. Paige says she agrees and there has to be a winner, and Joe says don't worry, there will be.
- We see a video package looking at the history between Braun Strowman and Roman Reigns, and also the involvement of The Shield and Ziggler & McIntyre. The Cell lowers down to the ring, and our main event is up next.
- WWE Universal Title: Roman Reigns (c) vs. Braun Strowman: During the ring introductions Braun rips the Universal Title belt away from Roman and screams in his face. The ref calls for the bell and they start throwing hands in the ring. This one spills out to ringside quickly, where Braun repeatedly throws Roman in to the side of the cell. Back on the mat, they trade strikes and Roman connects with a few. They fight back out to ringside where Braun shuts down Roman with another shot into the cage wall. Braun slams Reigns' head in to the ring steps several times, and then he dismantles the steps. Braun turns his attention back to Roman and chokeslams him on to the corner of the ring apron. Braun looks under the ring now for weapons. He pulls out a few and decides on a chair. Reigns grabs a kendo stick and bashes Braun with it until the stick breaks. Braun comes back with a shot on Reigns, and they fight back into the ring. Reigns grabs the steel chair and hits Braun with it a few times. Braun charges for a shot in the corner, but Roman moves and Braun crashes in to the ring post. Reigns then hits a DDT on Braun on the folded chair in the ring for a two count. Reigns hits a couple Superman punches and then looks for a third one, but Braun catches him for a chokeslam. Braun covers and almost gets the three count, then he argues with Foley about the count. Braun misses a shot in the corner and Reigns comes back with a Superman punch for a two count. Braun falls outside and Reigns runs around the ring, but Braun stops him with the ring steps to the face. Back in the ring, Braun hits Roman with the ring steps again for a two count. Braun hits Roman with the steps again while he's down, and then he sets up a table leaning in the corner. Reigns comes back now and spears Braun through the table in the corner. Dolph and Drew run down to ringside now an ask to be let in the cage. Seth and Dean run down for the save and they beat down Dolph and Drew. Seth and Dean chase Ziggler around ringside and beat him down in front of the announcers. Drew comes back around and drops Rollins and Ambrose, as Ziggler gets to his feet and they continue to brawl around ringside. Ziggler climbs up the cage to escape, and Rollins follows. Rollins and Ziggler fight on the roof until McIntyre climbs up and they double team Rollins. Dean Ambrose climbs up now with a kendo stick. Ambrose tees off on Drew and Dolph with the kendo stick until Drew boots him down, and everyone is down now. Ziggler starts climbing down now and Rollins follows, and they fight on the side of the cage. Rollins and Ziggler both fall off the side of the cage at the same time, and they both crash through separate announce tables. Everyone is down, and then Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman come out. Paul scares off the outside referee, and then Heyman pepper sprays Foley. Lesnar kicks in the cage door, and the climbs in the ring. Braun picks up pieces of the broken table and he starts bashing both Braun and Roman with the table pieces. Lesnar picks up Braun and hits the F-5 on him. Lesnar picks up Reigns and hits the F-5 on him, on top of Braun's body. Brock leaves now and heads up the ramp with Heyman. A new referee gets in the ring and appears to be calling off the match.
Winner: No contest
- Bodies are laying everywhere as Hell In A Cell 2018 goes off the air.