As previously reported, the WWE picked up a total of 10 nominations in the 2021 Cynopsis Sports Media Awards, which includes Jayar Donlan, the Executive Vice President of WWE Advanced Media Group, for he picked up a nomination for finalist of Digital Executive of the year. Despite Donlan being recognized as a finalist for Digital Executive of the Year, the award ultimately went to Tim Clark, who works as the Senior Vice President and Chief Digital Officer of NASCAR.
It was announced though that the WWE won multiple awards, including the WWE Network winning the award for best Over The Top (OTT) Content Service, while WWE, along with The Famous Group won the Best Tech Innovation during the COVID-19 pandemic Award for the WWE ThunderDome Virtual Fan Experience. WWE did come up short though in 7 other categories, which you can check out the full list of below:
- Best Podcast Series: The New Day’s Feel The Power podcast
- Over The Top (OTT) Content Service: WWE Network
- Social Good TV Special or Episode: WWE Community Relations on WWE’s The Bump
- Awareness for a Social Good Initiative: WWE and Make-A-Wish TakeOver Campaign
- Production Innovation: WWE and The Famous Group for the WWE ThunderDome Virtual Fan Experience
- Overall Social Media Excellence: WWE
- Use of Social Media (National/League): WWE
- Overall Social Media Excellence for a Campaign: The Undertaker’s 30th Anniversary
- Tech Innovation During the COVID-19 Pandemic: WWE and The Famous Group for the WWE ThunderDome Virtual Fan Experience
The winners of the 2021 Cynopsis Sports Media Awards was announced on Wednesday, April 21st at 3PM ET during a virtual awards ceremony.