The December 16th, 2019 edition of WWE RAW aired live on the USA Network from the Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, IA.
- This week's broadcast opens up with a video package recapping last week's events between Kevin Owens, and the new coalition of Seth Rollins and the AOP.
- The intro video plays and the commentary team of Vic Joseph, Jerry Lawler and Samoa Joe welcome us to the arena.
- Seth Rollins comes out to kick off the show. Seth steps in the ring and gets on the mic. He says the AOP are the first people here to be on the right side of history, and he invites them out to the ring. The AOP come out to the ring and Seth continues talking. He talks about the WWE Universe turning on him, and that being a leader isn't about being popular, it's about making progress. Seth says what happened to Owens last week was a tragedy, but he did it to himself and became an example. Seth says he doesn't lie to the fans and that's not going to change. Seth says he's going to lay some truth on us right now - he is a leader, and he will lead the new generation in 2020. Seth says if he has to he will drag you kicking and screaming to impose his will, and if you resist, the AOP will enforce Seth's will. Seth also says he wants to apologize in advance for what he's about to do tonight. Seth and the AOP head to the back.
- The Viking Raiders come out to the ring for a match, then The OC comes out to the stage and they get on mics. The OC tells the fans to shut up and listen. Anderson admits the Viking Raiders are one of the most unstoppable teams to hit the WWE in decades, but The OC is the only team to hold a 1-2-3 victory over the Raiders. They say The Raiders sacrificed their bodies with risky dives to beat the OC last time. Gallows says the Raiders might be the Champions, but The OC is the best tag team in the world, and he points to their trophy at ringside. With that, we've got a tag match.
- The Viking Raiders vs. The OC: This one is a non-Title match. The Raiders start off strong in this one, and Ivar tags in for the double team on Anderson. Erik and Gallows tag in and the fight spills out to ringside where Gallows turns it around. Gallows hits a big fallaway slam on Erik into the fan barricade. Back in the ring, Anderson tags in for the double team on Erik. Anderson looks for a back suplex, but Erik escapes. Erik lands in a scary looking way, but he seems fine. Ivar tags in and cleans house now. Gallows finally gets the tag and they hit a double team suplex on Ivar, but Ivar fights back up and clotheslines both OC members now. Erik is back on his feet now, and both Raiders hit suicide dives on both OC members at ringside. Back in the ring, Back in the ring, Gallows fights back against Ivar, then Anderson tags in for the double team. Anderson looks for a shot in the corner, but Ivar fights back and drops Anderson. Gallows and Erik tag in, and Erik connects with a series of strikes. Gallows misses a shot and Erik hits a t-bone suplex. Anderson runs in, but Erik drops him and knees him in the face. Ivar tags back in and hits a splash on Gallows, then Erik hits a leaping double knee strike to the face. The Raiders looks for a double team on Gallows, but Gallows is able to escape. Anderson gets the tag. Erik knocks Gallows out to ringside, then Anderson drops Erik. Anderson goes for a running kick in the corner, but Erik catches him, then Ivar tags himself in. Erik slams down Anderson, then Ivar comes in. Ivar misses a senton bomb off the middle rope after Gallows gets involved. Gallows tags in and Anderson knocks Ivar off the apron. Gallows and Anderson double team Erik with the Magic Killer for the three count.
Winners: The OC
- We see footage of an Eric Rowan interview earlier in the night where Rowan storms off angry. Rowan is shown live in the arena now walking towards the Gorilla position, and he's got his covered pet cage with him.
- Back from the break, AJ Styles is backstage celebrating with Anderson and Gallows after their victory over the Raiders tonight. AJ says he's going to do the same to Randy Orton tonight, and he'll meet them back in the winner's circle.
- Eric Rowan vs. Enhancement talent: The opening bell sounds and the jobber immediately rolls out of the ring. Rowan meets him at ringside and stops him from running away. The jobber hides under the ring now and runs out the other side, and Rowan loses track of him. The jobber almost grabs Rowan's cage off the ring steps, but Rowan runs over and stops him. Rowan drops him and throws the enhancement talent back in the ring. Rowan hits the Iron Claw for the three count.
Winner: Eric Rowan
- Rowan takes his cage from the ring steps and heads up the ramp with it.
- Andrade is backstage for and interview. He speaks in Spanish, then Zelina chimes in in English and says now they are taking the issue with Humberto seriously now.
- We go to a soap opera style video vignette about Lana and Bobby Lashley.
- Lashley and Lana come out to the ring now in street clothes, and they've got mics. They talk about the issues with Rusev, and they talk about Lashley's victory last night. Lana says she thinks Lashley and wonderful and beautiful and gives her the butterflies. The crowd chants Rusev Day and Lana and Lashley both tell them to be quiet. Lana says she wants Bobby to ask her to marry her. She hands Lashley a ring box, but Lashley doesn't seem interested. Lashley says he doesn't like when anyone tells him what to do -- except for her. Lashley gets on one knee and proposes to Lana. Lashley says Lana is the most amazing woman he's ever met, the most amazing female wrestler in WWE history, and he says they will be the next big power couple. Lashley asks her to marry him, and Lana says yes, it's exactly how they rehearsed.
- R-Truth comes out to the ring and raps his intro song. He talks about being a young kid watching John Cena and being inspired, and Truth says he's going to take his 24/7 Title and the U.S. Title all the way to WrestleMania. It's time for a gauntlet match.
- Gauntlet Match to determine the #1 contender for the U.S. Title: R-Truth and Akira Tozawa start off in this one. Tozawa hits a missile dropkick early on for a two count on Truth. U.S. Champion Rey Mysterio is shown backstage watching on a monitor. Truth fights back, but Tozawa is able to roll him up in a cradle pin for the three count. R-Truth is eliminated, and then a mob of wrestlers chases Truth through the crowd for his 24/7 Title.
Ricochet enters the Gauntlet match next. Tozawa and Ricochet trade reversals and flips until Ricochet is able to connect with a dropkick and Tozwa falls out to ringside. Back in the ring, Tozawa hits a spinning kick on Ricochet and Ricochet falls out to ringside. Tozawa follows up with a suicide dive. Back in the ring, Ricochet fights back with a submission attempt and an inverted DDT For a two count. Tozawa tries to fight back, but Ricochet shuts him down with the Recoil for the three count.
Matt Hardy enters next and he starts working over Ricochet, repeatedly slamming his head into the turnbuckles. Ricochet starts fighting back, but Hardy drops him with a crucifix powerbomb for a two count. Ricochet fights back again and drops Hardy, then Ricochet looks for a springboard move off the top, but Hardy catches him and hits the Side Effect for a two count. Hardy misses a shot off the top rope and Ricochet capitalizes. Ricochet hits a standing shooting star press for a two count. Hardy gets up but Ricochet rolls him up in a cradle for the three count.
Humberto Carrillo is out next and he starts working out Ricochet, who is worn out from competing in the equivalent of two matches already. Ricochet tries to mount some offense and springboard off the rope, but Humberto stops him with a kick to the face. More strikes from Humberto until Ricochet catches him in a Michinoku Driver for a two count. Both men are down now. Ricochet starts fighting back on the apron, and he hits a springboard flying clothesline. Ricochet follows up with a standing shooting star press for a two count. Both men start trading kicks now, then Ricochet hits a running crossbody and both men fall out to ringside. Zelina Vega comes out to the stage to watch. Ricochet and Humberto fight up the turnbuckle and Ricochet connects with a superplex. Ricochet tries to continue the offense, but Humberts drops him and hits a moonsault off the top for the three count. Ricochet is now eliminated.
Andrade enters the match next, except he hits the ring from behind and ambushes Humberto. Andrade beats down Humberto and dumps him out to ringside. Andrade pulls back the padding on the ringside floor, and he whips Humberto into the fan barricade. Andrade follows up with the underhook DDT on Humberto on the exposed concrete floor. Rey Mysterio has seen enough and he runs down to ringside to check on Humberto. Andrade and Zelina exit through the crowd, and it looks like this one is ending in a no contest.
Winner: No contest
- Rey continues to check on Humberto as Andrade and Zelina exit the arena. Rey and some medics and referees push Humberto up the ramp on a stretcher. Seth Rollins and the AOP come out, and they back down Rey into the ring. Rey tries to fight off the AOP, but they drop him. Rollins says they just wanted to give back Rey's steel pipe they found -- the one Rey gave to Kevin Owens. The AOP continue to beat down Rey as Seth talks trash. Seth says he's a merciful leader, and tonight is Rey's lucky night. Seth tells Rey he owes him one, and Seth and the AOP start to leave. Rollins turns around at the last minute and he runs over and gives Rey the curb stomp.
- Back from the break, Seth and the AOP are stopped for an interview. Seth talks about being a leader, and he issues a challenge to Rey for Rey's U.S. Title.
- We go to a pre-taped promo with Randy Orton about his match with AJ Styles tonight.
- Asuka vs. Deonna Purrazzo: Kairi comes out to the stage with her face covered, but not to the ring. Deonna chases Asuka out of the ring before the match. Back in the ring, the opening bell sounds and they immediately go at it. Deonna takes control early on with a shoulder lock, but Asuka escapes and takes Deonna down. Asuka looks for an armbar, but Deonna is able to fight it off. Asuka goes for a knee bar, and it looks like she has it locked in. Asuka transitions to a crossface and then looks for an ankle lock. Deonna is able to fight out, then Asuka misses a spinning back fist attempt. Deonna answers with a facebuster for a two count. Asuka fights back and applies the Asuka Lock for the win.
- RAW Women's Champion Becky Lynch is backstage for a sit-down interview. Becky talks about her match against The Kabuki Warriors last night at TLC, and she says she's handling the loss by looking at things honestly, and knows that people say Asuka is the best. Becky says Asuka is the one person she hasn't been able to beat, but she is going to make that change.
- We go backstage for a promo from Rey Mysterio. Rey says he's never gone one on one with Seth Rollins, and next week will be the first time, because Rey accepts Seth's challenge for the U.S. Title.
- Randy Orton vs. AJ Styles: Orton starts off strong in this one and controls the opening moments. AJ looks to fight back with a springboard move, but Orton kicks him off the rope down to the apron. Orton looks for the draping DDT, but AJ escapes and applies the Calf Crusher. Orton breaks the hold and goes out to ringside, and AJ takes out his knee on the ringside floor. AJ continues to work over Orton's knee, and takes him back in the ring for more punishment. AJ misses a shot in the corner and Orton sends him into the ring post. Orton starts fighting back now and beats on AJ in the corner. Orton misses a shot and AJ takes him down then hits a springboard moonsault for a two count. AJ looks for the Styles Clash, but Orton fights out. Orton and AJ trade blows on the apron, leading to Orton hitting the draping DDT off the middle rope. Orton looks for the RKO now, but AJ sees it coming and blocks it. AJ looks for the Calf Crusher, but Orton fights out. AJ looks for the Phenomenal Forearm now, but Orton catches him in the RKO for the three count.
Winner: Randy Orton
- After the match, Anderson and Gallows hit the ring to beat down Orton. The Viking Raiders come out for the save, but The OC outnumber the Raiders and clear the ring. The OC hits the Magic Killer on Erik, then they pose with AJ as RAW goes off the air.
— WWE (@WWE) December 16, 2019