The July 1, 2019 edition of WWE RAW took place at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX.
- RAW opens up this week with the broadcast team promoting Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch being here live tonight together. They also promote The New Day vs. The Viking Raiders, and Corey Graves says there are rumors The Undertaker is here tonight.
- Braun Strowman vs. Bobby Lashley: This one is a Falls Count Anywhere match. Lashley starts off strong in the opening moments with a spear on Braun in the ring. Braun rolls outside and they brawl at ringside now. Braun starts taking control, but Lashley reverses a slam and drops Braun on the floor. They fight into the timekeeper's area, and Bobby clotheslines Braun into the crowd. Bobby and Braun brawl through the crowd now, and Bobby grabs a steel chair and nails Strowman with it across the back a few times. Braun fights back and hits a running shoulder tackle on Braun on the floor. Braun throws Bobby into a guard rail, and then throws him up onto the Titantron stage. Bobby fights back now and suplexes Braun on the stage for a two count. Bobby backs up, but then Braun gets to his feet and charges at Bobby. Braun tackles Bobby through a screen on the stage, and the screen shatters. Graves says "holy shit," as sparks start flying from the hole in the stage. Braun and Bobby are both down, and some technicians spray them down with fire extinguishers. Referees ask for EMTs, and it looks like they're calling off the match. The camera angle switches to a view from above as we see medics come and load Braun and Bobby on to stretchers. It stays on this zoomed-out shot for the whole process of Braun and Bobby being checked on by medics.
Winner: No contest
- Back from the break, we see Bobby and Braun still being stretchered out. Cole is back on commentary now telling us that they're going to be transported to a local medical facility. We go to replays, and then see the ambulances leaving. The screens and lights on the Titantron all appear to be out now.
- The Viking Raiders vs. The New Day: Big E and Xavier Woods are representing The New Day in this one. Big E starts off strong and works over Erik in the opening moments. Big E hits a big splash on the apron, then takes Erik back in the ring. Ivar finally tags in and he turns things around against Big E. Ivar pummels on Big E on the mat, and then tags Erik back in for the double team. Big E finally starts to fight back, and he looks to tag in Woods, but then Samoa Joe comes out of nowhere and attacks Woods. Joe beats down Woods at ringside, as Kofi Kingston runs down to help, and this match falls apart.
Winners via DQ: The New Day
- During the break, this one gets turned into a six-man tag.
- The New Day vs. The Viking Raiders & Samoa Joe: Kofi starts off strong beating on Ivar. Woods tags in with a flying leg drop for a two count. Ivar comes back with a kick to the face of Woods, and then Samoa Joe tags in and puts the boots to Woods. Erik tags in and hits a fallaway slam on Woods. Ivar tags in now for the double team. Joe tags in again for a running senton drop on Woods for a two count. Joe lays into Woods with strikes now, then Erik tags in and beats on Woods some more. Joe tags back in now and looks for a shot on Woods in the corner, but Woods fights back with a kick to the face, and then a missile dropkick off the second rope. Ivar and Kofi tag in, and Kofi cleans house. Kofi hits some kicks on Ivar, and then Ivar fights back with some strikes of his own. Erik tags in Kofi drops him with a clothesline. Kofi follows up with the Boom Drop on Erik, then he knocks Joe off the apron. The distraction from Joe leads to Erik dropping Kofi and kneeing him in the face. Big E hits the ring and starts dumping everyone out to ringside. Woods hits a dive on Erik, but Ivar dodged it. Ivar runs in the ring and hits a dive on Woods now. Kofi hits the Trouble In Paradise on Ivar off the apron. Back in the ring, Joe puts Kofi in the Coquina Clutch and takes him down to the mat. Kofi goes out cold, and the ref calls for the bell.
Winners: The Viking Raiders & Samoa Joe
- We see Drake Maverick backstage with his new wife. They walk through the hallways and she complains that Drake is too obsessed with the 24/7 Championship, and he needs to choose between her and the Title. Drake tells her that he chooses her, and he won't let anything spoil their time together. They hug, and then Drake sees R-Truth behind her. Truth tells Drake not to mind him, he's a sucker for romance.
- Michael Cole tells us that rumors have been swirling all day long that The Undertaker is here tonight.
- We see AJ Styles backstage exchanging words with Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson. Anderson says Gallows doesn't think AJ can beat Ricochet for the U.S. Title. Gallows says he will bet AJ his "hot Asian wife" that AJ can't beat Ricochet for the Title. AJ seems weirded out, but tells them they're on.
- No Way Jose vs. Cesaro: Drake Maverick and his wife are sitting at ringside. R-Truth is part of Jose's conga line, and he taunts Maverick at ringside. A crowd of wrestlers comes out and chases Truth and his 24/7 Title up the ramp. Meanwhile in the ring, before the bell, Cesaro knocks Jose out to ringside and follows him out. Cesaro hits a gut-wrench slam on Jose on the floor, and then follows up with the Neutralizer at ringside. Cesaro leaves Jose laying on the floor.
Winner: No contest
- NXT Tag Team Champions The Street Prophets are backstage for an interview. They introduce themselves to the RAW audience and say they're here to bring the swag back to RAW. They tell all the wrestlers of RAW that they want the smoke.
- Shane McMahon is backstage walking to the gorilla position with Drew McIntyre.
- We go to the broadcast table where they tall us that Braun and Bobby are still being evaluated at the medical facility. They tell us several times that they will have an update for us later tonight.
- The Miz is backstage for an interview. He talks about Shane and Elias beating him down last week on SmackDown. Miz says he's going to take care of Elias later, and as far as Shane is concerned, Miz says he heard Undertaker is here tonight.
- Shane McMahon comes out to the ring with Drew McIntyre. The lights and screens on the stage are working again, aside from the section Bobby and Braun went through. Shane climbs on the turnbuckle and makes ring announcer Mike Rome re-introduce him as the Best In The World, again. Shane gets on the mic and starts talking trash about Reigns, then introduces some footage of he and Drew beating down Roman Reigns last week on RAW. Shane and Drew talk about Undertaker saving Reigns, and Shane says he's looking forward to doing battle with Undertaker again. Shane says he surprised them last Monday, but at Extreme Rules there will be no surprises when they put Reigns and Taker in the ground. Drew says Undertaker scares everyone he's faced, but Drew is no ordinary man. Drew says he's a hybrid of every generation Undertaker has competed through, and he isn't afraid of The Undertaker and doesn't give a damn about him either. Drew says he came dressed to fight tonight. Drew says if Undertaker is in the building tonight, he's calling him out right now. There are thunder and lightning effects, and the lights in the arena go out. Lightning strikes the ring, and the lights come on. Drew and Shane look confused, and then the lights go out again and we hear the gong. Undertaker's music hits and Undertaker slowly makes his way down the ramp. Shane and Drew decide to leave the ring as Undertaker steps into the ring. Shane and Drew walk past the timekeeper's area and about 50 feet away from the ring in the crowd, as Undertaker stands in the ring. Taker gets on the mic and says Roman Reigns never asked for his help last week. Undertaker says he am and has been the reaper of wayward souls for a long time, and he's here to collect Shane and Drew's souls. Undertaker says where he's sending them, they will never rest in peace. Shane and Drew leave, then Undertaker heads to the back.
- Baron Corbin and Lacey Evans are shown backstage in a dressing room. Corbin cuts a promo on Seth Rollins and asks him if Becky Lynch is worth all the trouble that comes with her. Lacey talks trash about Becky, and says she's seen Seth's wandering eyes backstage.
- Lacey Evans vs. Natalya: Baron Corbin is at ringside. Lacey starts off strong and works over Natalya in the corner. Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch are seen backstage watching on a monitor. Lacey hits a knee to the midsection and a swinging neckbreaker on Natalya for a two count. Natalya starts fighting back and hits a back suplex. Natalya looks for a running knee strike, but Corbin trips her from ringside, and the ref did not see it. Lacey follows up with a right hand to the face of Natalya for the three count.
Winner: Lacey Evans
- U.S. Champion Ricochet is backstage for an interview with Charlie Caruso. Ricochet starts talking about his intentions to beat AJ, but then Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson interrupt. They say the only mistake AJ made was not putting down Ricochet in three minutes. They tell Ricochet that AJ has had Ricochet beat from the get go. Ricochet says next time he's going to beat AJ, and Gallows says it's time for Ricochet to get put in his place. They tell Ricochet that he's not in trouble with Gallows and Anderson, but he might be in trouble with someone else.
- The Miz is shown backstage walking toward the gorilla position. One of Bray Wyatt's puppets pops out of a box in the corner behind Miz.
- We see Gallows and Anderson approaching AJ backstage, and they get AJ fired up about Ricochet's comments. AJ says he's going to go talk to Ricochet, but Gallows and Anderson tell AJ he's going soft, because the AJ they know would go up to Ricochet, answer his challenge, and slap him across the face. AJ storms off to look for Ricochet. He finds Ricochet doing some stretches or yoga positions on the floor. AJ gets in Ricochet's face and tells him if he has something to say to say it right now. AJ tells Ricochet he's going to take his U.S. Title from him tonight, then slaps Ricochet across the face. Ricochet slaps AJ back. AJ says this is going to be good, then walks off.
- The Miz vs. Elias: This one is a best two out of three falls match. Miz attacks Elias before the bell. The ref lets Elias recover, then calls for the opening bell. Miz starts off with a running knee strike, and then the Skull Crushing Finale for the three count. The score is 1-0 for The Miz in the opening minute of the match. Elias slowly gets to his feet, but Miz takes him down and looks for the Figure Four. Elias fights out and hits the Drift Away on Miz for the three count. The score is now tied 1-1. The third fall starts with Elias in control, as he takes Miz down to the mat and tries to keep him grounded. Elias pummels on Miz and then applies a chin lock. The Miz fights out, but Elias keeps the offense coming with some European uppercuts. The Miz trades chops to the chest with Elias now, but Elias shuts him down with an inverted DDT for a two count. They fight out to the apron, where Elias misses a shot and crashes into the ring post by himself. The Miz takes Elias back in the ring and puts him in the Figure Four for the win via submission.
Winner: The Miz
- Becky Lynch and Seth Rollins are shown backstage getting ready for an interview with Charlie Caruso.
- Back from the break, Seth and Becky do their interview with Charlie. Seth sends his best wishes to Braun Strowman and Bobby Lashley. Becky and Seth defend their decision to have a mixed tag match with both their Titles on the line at Extreme Rules. Seth and Becky seem to start arguing about which one of them is more likely to get pinned. Maria Kanellis interrupts and takes issue with Becky and Seth calling themselves the first couple of WWE, because they're not. Becky and Seth seem confused by the accusation. Maria says Becky may have beat Ronda Rousey, but Maria pushed an eight-pound baby out of her uterus, and let's see Becky do that. Mike Kanellis walks in and Maria says the only reason Rollins is the Universal Champ is because Mike hasn't taken it yet. Maria challenges them to a match tonight, and says how about "me and my bitch, take on you and yours." They accept the challenge, and it looks like we have a mixed tag match tonight.
- At the broadcast table, Renee Young tells us they've been told Braun Strowman may have suffered a ruptured spleen as a result of him going through the screen on the stage with Lashley earlier tonight.
- Maria & Mike Kanellis vs. Seth Rollins & Becky Lynch: Seth and Mike start this one off and trade strikes in the opening moments. Mike starts getting the upper hand, and he lays into Rollins with strikes in the corner. Rollins ducks a shot and comes back with a spinning elbow to the face. Mike misses another shot, and Seth hits the Buckle Bomb. Seth follows up with a superkick on Mike, then he throws Mike into his team's corner. Maria tags in, and Becky comes in too. Maria ends up climbing out of the ring and grabbing a mic. Maria starts chewing out Mike, and asking him how he could let this happen. She says Mike said he could mop the floor with Seth, but he couldn't and Mike disgusts her. Becky hops out to ringside to hit Maria, but Maria shouts that she's pregnant. Becky decides against hitting her. Mike looks shocked at the pregnancy news. Maria continues talking trash to Mike, then Becky pulls Mike into the ring and puts Mike in the Disarm Her. Mike taps out for the finish.
Winner: Seth Rollins & Becky Lynch
- After the match, Maria tells Mike that she can't believe he's the father of her children. Maria says Mike is a failure and disappointment, and she's waiting for him to be a man. Maria says the only man here tonight was Becky, so maybe next time she'll ask Becky to impregnate her.
- Paul Heyman is backstage for an interview. Heyman says tonight could be the perfect night for his client Brock Lesnar to cash in his Money In The Bank contract. Heyman says maybe Brock is here tonight, maybe he's not. The Street Prophets interrupt and start asking about Lesnar. They start giving Heyman a hard time, and Heyman says he doesn't have time for this and he's a busy man. Heyman leaves as the Street Prophets shout for him to come back.
- Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross are shown walking together backstage.
- Alexa Bliss comes out to the stage to host A Moment Of Bliss. Alexa sends her best wishes to Bobby Lashley and Braun Strowman, and then she introduces her guest and best friend, Nikki Cross. Nikki says she's grateful for Alexa giving her a shot, and wants to thank Alexa. Alexa starts telling Nikki this moment is really all about her, but then Carmella comes out to interrupt. Carmella asks why Alexa is getting the Title match if Nikki is the one who pinned the Champion. Carmella says Alexa is taking advantage of Nikki, and she needs to give Nikki something in return for the Title match she earned her. Alexa tells Carmella that she's only Truth's sidekick, and Carmella says she wants to go settle it in the ring.
- Carmella vs. Alexa Bliss: Nikki Cross is at ringside. The opening bell sounds and Carmella immediately rolls up Alexa in a small package pin for the three count.
- Nikki Cross vs. Carmella: This match was apparently made official during the break. Nikki starts off strong and beats on Carmella in the opening moments. Carmella fights back with a jawbreaker, then a boot to the face. Carmella hits some clotheslines and an atomic drop. Carmella drops Nikki in the corner and then hits the bronco buster for a two count. Nikki mounts a comeback and hits the swinging neckbreker for the three count.
Winner: Nikki Cross
- Alexa gets in the ring and yells at Carmella, then celebrates with Nikki.
- AJ Styles is shown backstage warming up for his match with Ricochet tonight.
- Alexa and Nikki are backstage for an interview. The interview asks Nikki what she thinks about the WWE Universe wanting her to face Bayley for the Title instead of Alexa. Alexa answers instead, saying no comment, and then she grabs Nikki and walks off.
- We see Drake Maverick and his wife backstage getting ready to leave the arena. She goes into the bathroom, and outside Drake sees a sea of wrestlers chasing after Truth and his 24/7 Title. They all run past, and Truth comes out from hiding behind the a corner. Drake bashes Truth from behind with his luggage, and Truth goes down. Drake pins Truth and takes the belt. Mrs. Maverick comes out of the bathroom and sees Drake with the Title belt. Drake tells her that he knew this night was supposed to be all about them, but now their honeymoon is going to be even better, because it'll be 24/7. Drake grabs her and they leave the building.
- Ricochet is backstage getting ready for his U.S. Title defense against AJ Styles.
- Ricochet (c) vs. AJ Styles: Ricochet's U.S. Title is on the line in this one. The opening bell sounds and they trade holds until AJ slaps Ricochet across the face. Ricochet comes back with a springboard flying clothesline on AJ. Ricochet looks for a standing shooting star press, but AJ blocks with his knees for a two count. AJ follows up with strikes on the Champion in the corner. Ricochet fights back with some kicks, but AJ decks him with a right hand and follows up with the Phenomenal Forearm. AJ pins for the three count, although Ricochet's leg was under the bottom rope. After the bell, we go to replays and see Ricochet's leg under the bottom rope. Another referee gets in the ring to discuss this with the match ref. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson come out to discuss it with AJ. The referees decide to restart the match. After the match restarts, Ricochet hits a series of kicks and a corkscrew suplex for a two count. Ricochet goes up top for a Phoenix Splash but misses and lands on his feet. Ricochet knocks AJ out to ringside, then he looks for a corkscrew suplex suicide dive, but he misses that too. AJ hops in the ring and comes flying out with a flying forearm on Ricochet on the floor. Back in the ring, AJ hits a brainbuster on Ricochet for a two count. AJ looks for the Styles Clash, but Ricochet escapes. AJ keeps the pressure on Ricochet and hits a torture rack into a spinning powerbomb for a two count. AJ takes Ricochet to the top turnbuckle, but Ricochet punches him down. Ricochet leaps off and latches on to AJ, rolling him into a small package pin for the three count.
Winner & still U.S. Champion: Ricochet
- AJ looks shocked at the finish, and he looks over to Gallows and Anderson on the floor. AJ comes face to face with Ricochet after the match and they shake hands. Gallows and Anderson get on the apron and tell AJ they want the real AJ back. AJ turns around and nails Ricochet with a cheap shot to the face. AJ starts pummeling on Ricochet on the mat and stomping on him. Gallows and Anderson come in the ring now and continue the beat-down on Ricochet. AJ then hits the Styles Clash on Ricochet off the middle rope. AJ, Gallows and Anderson high-five in the ring, and then AJ grabs Ricochet and pummels on him some more. Anderson pounds on Ricochet next as we go to replays of the middle-rope Styles Clash. AJ stands on Ricochet's body on the mat and says "we are the club" as RAW goes off the air.
Rajah.com Social Media Interaction* Follow Rajah head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom
Wrestling News Recap From Weekend Of June 28 - June 30* WWE Making SD! Live Changes For FOX Move To Make AEW "Look Inferior"
* Update On Heyman's WWE Influence Growing Behind-The-Scenes
* Sonya Deville Represents WWE At NYC Pride March (Photos)
* Update: Bray Wyatt's Firefly Fun House Saga & Mystery Puppets On WWE TV
* 205 Live Star Has Special Steve Austin Painting Made For His House (Video)
* Report: AEW On TNT Weekly TV Show Plans All But Finalized
* Backstage News On Plans To Make Shawn Spears "A Key Player" In AEW
* AEW President Describes How TV Show On TNT Will Differ From PPVs
* Slow-Motion & Close-Up Footage Of Cody/Fyter Fest Chair Shot, Aftermath
* Backstage Update On Lio Rush: Is He Officially Done With WWE?
* Eric Bischoff Breaks Silence On New SD! Live Executive Director Role In WWE
* WWE Stars Have Interesting Talk About RAW Star's New Freestyle Rap Video
* Backstage Update On Plans For Undertaker After WWE Extreme Rules
* Well-Known Veteran WWE Personality Robbed For $55k In Storage Unit Heist
* Triple H's Thoughts On Heyman & Bischoff Taking Over RAW & SD! Live?
* New Inductee Added To WWE Hall Of Fame During Japan Tour (Photos)
* Update On Lesnar's WWE Contract Length & Possible AEW Negotiations
* Latest On When Heyman & Bischoff Will Take Over RAW & SD! Live
* Kenny Omega Posts Rant Explaining How WWE Offended Him Recently