WWE's Royal Rumble 2019 took place on January 27th at Chase Field in Phoenix, AZ.
Kickoff Show results:
- Jonathan Coachman, Beth Phoenix, Booker T and Jerry Lawler welcome us to the Kickoff Show from inside Chase Field. Booker T has a full beard tonight. Jerry Lawler cracks some jokes about Michael Cole, and says Cole is like clouds, when they disappear it's a beautiful day.
- Lawler confirms that Braun Strowman will be competing in tonight's Royal Rumble match, and John Cena will not be competing due to injury.
- We go to a pre-taped promo from Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville. Mandy talks about how hot she thinks she is, and going after Naomi's husband. They talk about how one win tonight can change everything in their careers.
- Drake Maverick is backstage walking out of Vince McMahon's office. Maverick says Rezar of AOP, and Dawson of The Revival will team up tonight, due to their partners' injuries.
- R-Truth and Carmella come over to the Kickoff Show panel and talk about how they'll be entering their Rumble matches tonight as entrants #30. They have a dance break before they leave.
- We see brief pre-taped promos from Alexa Bliss about the women's Royal Rumble, and Samoa Joe about his match with Mustafa Ali.
- Jonathan Coachman introduces a David vs. Goliath themed video package looking at Finn Balor's match against Universal Champion Brock Lesnar tonight.
- We go to a pre-taped promo of WWE Champion Daniel Bryan sitting in the empty arena earlier today. Bryan trashes AJ Styles and the fans' consumption, and he trashes the new massive "Royal Rumble burger" that Chase Field is serving.
- Bobby Roode & Chad Gable vs. Rezar & Scott Dawson: This one is a non-title match. Dawson and Roode start off, and Gable quickly tags in for the double team on Dawson. Dawson fights back, but Gable shuts him down with a springboard cross body. Rezar hits a cheap shot on Gable then tags in. Rezar continues the offense on Dawson as Drake Maverick cheers on from ringside. Dawson tags himself in and puts the boots to Gable. Rezar and Dawson now trade tags to take turns working over Gable. Roode finally gets the hot tag and cleans house. Roode hits a spinebuster on Dawson and then a spear in the corner. Rezar runs in and Roode hits the Blockbuster on him, then Dawson rolls up Roode for a two count. Rezar and Dawson try to double team Roode, but Roode ducks and Dawson kicks Rezar. This leads to Roode and Gable hitting a double team moonsault/neckbreaker on Dawson for the three count.
Winners: Bobby Roode & Chad Gable
- Rezar throws a fit at ringside after the match, as Gable and Roode celebrate in the ring.
- Charlie Caruso and JBL are in the arena with microphones to promote the WWE Network, when Lio Rush and Bobby Lashley walk over to interrupt. Rush cuts a promo about how great Lashley is, then they walk off. JBL shares some of his memories of Lashley first coming in to WWE years ago.
- Booker T and Lawler leave the Kickoff Show panel, and David Otunga and Shawn Michaels join. They run down tonight's card, and then we go to ringside for the next match.
- Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Rusev (c): Rusev's U.S. Title is on the line in this one. The opening bell sounds and Rusev immediately backs Nakamura into the corner and then hits a kick to the face. Rusev knocks Nakamura to the outside and follows him out, where Nakamura fights back with a boot to the face. The challenger throws Rusev into the fan barricade and then back in the ring. Nakamura lays Rusev over the apron and knees him in the face from the floor. Back in the ring, Nakamura puts the boots to Rusev on the mat, then chokes him in the corner. Nakamura hits some knee strikes on Rusev and applies a front face lock. Rusev powers out and dropkicks Nakamura down. Rusev looks for The Accolade, but Nakamura fights out and hits a series of kicks to the head for a two count of his own. Nakamura charges for the Kinshasa, but Rusev dodges it and hits an elbow to the head. Rusev follows up with a boot to the face, then he hits a spinning side suplex on Nakamura. Rusev goes to pick up Nakamura, but Nakamura catches him in an armbar attempt. Rusev powers out and ends up suplexing Nakamura for a two count. Nakamura starts fighting back and he hits a suplex for a two count. Nakamura starts taking the padding off the turnbuckle until Lana gets on the apron and alerts the ref of Nakamura's cheating. Nakamura gets in Lana's face, then Rusev charges Nakamura, but Nakamura moves and Rusev bumps into Lana, knocking her down to the floor. This leads to Nakamura hitting a Kinshasa to the back of Rusev's head and rolling him up for the three count.
Winner & new U.S. Champion: Shinsuke Nakamura
- Rusev checks on Lana at ringside, and Nakamura celebrates with his U.S. Title belt in the ring.
- We see a pre-taped promo from Nikki Cross somewhere in the back of the arena, talking about how bodies are going to fly tonight in the Royal Rumble.
- The Kickoff Show panel introduces some footage from backstage last night after NXT TakeOver: Phoenix, featuring Triple H. Back at the panel, Shawn Michaels says there is going to be a "Halftime Heat" six-man tag match of Aleister Black, Ricochet, Velveteen Dream vs. Johnny Gargano, Tommaso Ciampa, and Adam Cole. This will take place on the WWE Network during the NFL SuperBowl halftime show.
- Kalisto vs. Akira Tozawa vs. Hideo Itami vs. Buddy Murphy (c): Buddy Murphy's Cruiserweight Title is on the line in this one. Itami rolls outside early in this one as Murphy, Kalisto and Tozawa all go at it. Murphy drops Tozawa, then Kalisto takes Murphy into the corner. Murphy dodges Kalisto's first attack, but Kalisto connects with a second hurricanrana. Tozawa kicks down Kalisto, then Tozawa and Murphy fight out to ringside. Kalisto looks for a dive on Murphy, but Murphy catches him and suplexes him on the mat. Itami gets back in the ring after the dust settles and trades kicks with Murphy. Itami lays into Murphy with kicks in the corner, then he knocks Tozawa off the apron. Murphy tries to powerbomb Kalisto off the apron, then Tozawa hits a dive on Kalisto on Murphy's shoulders, and Kalisto is able to hurricanrana Murphy in the process. Back in the ring, Itami and Tozawa go at it now and trade strikes. Murphy gets back in the ring, but Itami catches him and sends him right back down to the floor. Kalisto then launches Tozawa from the apron down on to Murphy on the floor. Back in the ring Kalisto hits a kick and a flying senton on Itami. Kalisto hits a spinning elbow strike, and then a fireman's carry slam for a two count. Tozawa and Murphy get back in the ring, and Tozawa hits a series of strikes on the Champion. Itami looks for a powerbomb on Tozawa, but Tozawa reverses into a hurricanrana and Itami rolls outside. Tozawa then hits a dive on Itami at ringside, and then Murphy throws Kalisto on to both of them on the floor. Murphy follows up with a suicide dive on to all three men on the floor. Back in the ring, Kalisto hits a hurricanrana on Murphy for a two count. Kalisto goes up the turnbuckle, but Murphy stops him and superkicks him, then powerbombs him for a two count. Tozawa and Murphy fight in the corner now, which leads to Tozawa hitting an inverted hurricanrana for a two count. Kalisto dumps Tozawa outside, then he hits the Salida Del Sol on Itami for a two count. All four men trade kicks in the middle of the ring now, and Tozawa and Kalisto are the last two men standing. Tozawa hits a spinning kick to the head of Kalisto, then Murphy comes back and knees Tozawa in the face. Murphy knees Kalisto in the face next, but then he misses a shot on Itami. Itami hits a spinning back fist on Itami, but then Itami misses a shot and Murphy hits two knees to the face. Murphy hits the Murphys Law for the three count on Itami.
Winner & still Cruiserweight Champion: Buddy Murphy
- Murphy slowly gets to his feet and celebrates with his Cruiserweight Title belt as we go to replays.
- We go to a pre-taped promo from Drew McIntyre in his locker room. Drew says it doesn't matter whether he faces Finn Balor or Brock Lesnar, because he will win the Universal Title at WrestleMania. Back at the Kickoff Show table, Jonathan Coachman thanks us for joining him, and he counts us down to the Royal Rumble.
WWE Royal Rumble 2019 results:
- We open up with a video package promoting tonight's matches, and talking about change and opportunity.
- Michael Cole welcomes us to the pay-per-view, and there is a large structure built around the ring with LED screens above the ring.
- Becky Lynch vs. Asuka (c): Asuka's SmackDown Women's Championship is on the line in this one. The opening bell sounds and Becky and Asuka trade blows evenly in the opening moments. Becky fires up and hits a flying shoulder block that sends Asuka rolling outside for a breather. Asuka and Becky fight on the apron until Becky kicks the Champion down to the floor. Asuka fights back and slams Becky into the ring post, but Becky comes back with a t-bone suplex into the barricade. Back in the ring, Becky works over Asuka's shoulder on the mat. Asuka starts to fight back, but she misses the hip attack and Becky pummels on her on the ropes. Asuka puts Becky in the Asuka Lock over the ropes until the ref breaks it at the 5 count. Asuka misses a shot in the corner, and then Becky returns the favor by appliying the Disarm-her over the ropes until the ref breaks it. Becky looks for a shot off the top, but Asuka takes her out of mid-air with a knee to the face. Asuka follows up with a dropkick and a suplex. Becky fights back, but Asuka latches on to her with an armbar, then she looks to transition into the Asuka Lock. Lynch fights out and rolls out to the apron. It looks like Becky is going to suplex Asuka on to the apron, but Asuka fights it and they both crash down to the floor face-first in what looked like a painful fall. Back in the ring, Asuka hits a boot to the face for a two count. Asuka and Becky trade strikes in the middle of the ring now until Asuka drops the challenger with a spinning heel kick for a two count. Asuka goes up to the top turnbuckle, but Becky stops her with punches. Becky ends up hitting a t-bone suplex off the turnbuckle for a two count. Becky goes up top and goes for a flying leg drop, but Asuka rolls out of the way and she puts Becky in her own submission hold. Becky now breaks free and tries to put Asuka in the Asuka Lock. Asuka escapes and pins Becky for a two count. Asuka connects with a kick, but Becky pulls Asuka down to the mat with her and applies the Disarm-her. Asuka fights out and takes Becky down, and she applies the Asuka Lock. Asuka applies more pressure and Becky taps out.
Winner & still SmackDown Women's Champion: Asuka
- Asuka celebrates with her Title belt after the match, and Becky doesn't look happy.
- The Miz & Shane McMahon vs. Cesaro & Sheamus (c): Miz and Shane hug Miz's dad at ringside before the match. The Bar's Tag Team Titles are on this line in this one. The opening bell sounds and Shane immediately spears Sheamus down. Sheamus rolls outside and regroups with Cesaro. Miz and Cesaro tag in now and Miz looks for the Figure Four early on, but Cesaro fights out. Sheamus hits a cheap-shot on Miz behind the ref's back, then he comes in for the double team. Shane comes in for the save until the ref backs him up. The Miz fires up with some kicks, and then they spill outside where The Bar tries to double team Miz, but Shane runs over for the save. Miz lays Cesaro on the announce table, then Shane climbs up top. Before Shane can leap, Sheamus runs over and pulls away Miz and Cesaro from the table. Shane jumps down on to Sheamus instead. Shane gets to his feet and Cesaro immediately uppercuts him down. Cesaro whips Shane into the barricade, then goes back in the ring with Sheamus to double team Miz. Sheamus follows up with a splash on Miz for a two count. Sheamus hits the 10 Beats of the Baron on the apron, then tags in Cesaro for the double team. Sheamus tags back in now and continues the offense on The Miz. Cesaro tags back in now, but Miz catches him with a suplex. Shane finally gets the tag and he drops Sheamus with a series of strikes. Cesaro tags himself in, but Shane drops him and he sits both Bar members down in the corner. Shane climbs up to the opposite corner, and he goes flying for a dropkick, but Cesaro gets up and catches him in mid-air. Cesaro swings Shane, but when he drops Shane, Shane latches on to him with a triangle choke. Sheamus comes flying off the turnbuckle with a flying knee on Shane to break up the choke. Miz tries to dropkick Sheamus but misses, and Sheamus clotheslines him down. Sheamus tags in and double teams Shane with Cesaro for a two count. Sheamus looks for the big boot on Sheamus, but Miz makes the save and drops him, then hits the Skull Crushing Finale. Shane goes up top and hits a Shooting Star Press on Cesaro for the three count.
Winners & new SmackDown Tag Team Champions: The Miz & Shane McMahon
- The Miz is ecstatic after the three count, and he grabs the Tag Title belts and celebrates with Shane. The new Champions go out to ringside to celebrate with The Miz's dad in the front row.
- Michael Cole announces the attendance at 48,193 in the arena.
- Sasha Banks does a brief interview in the back before coming out for her match against Ronda Rousey next.
- Sasha Banks vs. Ronda Rousey (c): Ronda's RAW Women's Title is on the line in this one. The opening bell sounds and Ronda immediately starts with an arm drag takedown on Sasha. Ronda continues the offense with a series of suplexes. Ronda looks for an armbar but Sasha reaches the ropes and kicks Ronda away. Sasha gets up and slaps Ronda across the face, then Ronda kicks Sasha out to ringside. Ronda follows her out, and she tries to punch Sasha, but Sasha ducks and Ronda punches the ring post. Sasha follows up with a dive on Ronda, then she takes her back in the ring for a sleeper attempt. Ronda fights back and hits a running elbow to the face for a two count. Sasha comes back with a running knee to the face for a two count. Sasha chokes Ronda in the corner now until the ref breaks it up. Sasha applies an armbar, and then a crossface, but Ronda breaks free. Ronda fights back with the Piper's Pit and then she climbs to the top rope. Sasha runs over and stops her and fights with Ronda on the turnbuckle. Sasha superplexes Ronda off the turnbuckle for a two count. Sasha transitions into a shoulder lock, but Ronda powers up and judo throws Sasha down for a two count. Ronda throws Sasha down a few more times, then they fight out to ringside. Ronda ends up putting Sasha in the armbar at ringside, and Sasha taps, but taps at ringside don't count. Back in the ring, Ronda pummels on Sasha now with punches. Sasha tries to fight back, but Ronda drops her with a knee to the face for a two count. Ronda looks for a slam, but Sasha reverses it into a cross body for a two count, then she transitions into the Banks Statement. Ronda breaks free, but Sasha applies an armbar now. Ronda fights back and hits the Pipers Pit for the three count.
Winner & still RAW Women's Champion: Ronda Rousey
- After the match, Ronda and Sasha show each other respect and Ronda helps Sasha out of the ring. Ronda kisses her husband at ringside after the match. Sasha turns back around on the ramp and comes back to ringside to shake Ronda's hand.
- Finn Balor is shown in his dressing room taping up his wrists for his match against tonight.
- Paul Heyman is shown backstage knocking on Brock Lesnar's locker room door and walking in.
- The Women's Royal Rumble match: Beth Phoenix is on commentary for this one. Lacey Evans is out first and gets on the mic to tell everyone they're about to witness history, and she's the only true lady on WWE. Natalya is out to the ring second. The opening bell sounds and Natalya tries to clothesline Lacey out of the ring, but she lands on the apron. Back in the ring, Lacey starts fighting back and drops Natalya with a right hand. Mandy Rose comes out next and hits the ring. Lacey and Natalya end up double teaming Mandy briefly, and then Natalya puts Mandy and Lacey in the Sharpshooter at the same time. Liv Morgan is out next. Morgan hits the ring and charges Natalya, and Natalya immediately throws her out to the floor for the first elimination of the match. Mandy and Lacey now double team Natalya. Lacey drops Mandy next, and stacks her on Natalya in the corner then hits a bronco buster. Mickie James is out next. Mickie hits the ring and starts dropping everyone who comes near her. Mickie hits a spinning heel kick on Natalya, but then Mandy stuns Mickie with a right hand from behind. Mickie tries to eliminate Mandy, but Lacey attacks Mickie to interrupt. Ember Moon is out next and starts dropping everyone. Ember suplexes Lacey and leg sweeps Mickie, then hits a splash on Rose in the corner. Billie Kay is out next, but she doesn't immediately get in the ring. Nikkie Cross is out next, and she attacks Billie who is still waiting on the ramp. Nikki runs in the ring and hits a splash off the top on to all the women in the ring. Nikki follows up with running elbows to the face on everyone who comes near her. Mandy grabs Nikki by the hair from behind, but Nikki turns around and drops her. Billie finally gets in the ring, but Nikki immediately drops her. Peyton Royce is out next, and she teams up with Billie on Nikki and Ember. Tamina is out next, and she headbutts Mickie and hits a Samon Drop on Ember, Peyton, and Billie. Nikki takes the fight to Tamina now, and Tamina fights back with a big right hand. Tamina goes up top and hits a splash on Nikki. Tamina eliminates Mickie with a superkick. Xia Li from NXT is out next. Li hits the ring and starts handing out kicks. Sarah Logan is out to the ring next. Logan almost eliminates Ember, but Ember hangs on. Peyton and Billie team up to eliminate Nikki. Charlotte enters next. Charlotte hits the ring and several women try to gang up on her. Charlotte ends up eliminating both Billie and Peyton. Charlotte eliminates Li next. Kairi Sane enters next and immediately trades blows with Charlotte. Kairi goes up top and hits a flying elbow on Sarah Logan. Kairi and Natalya double team Logan to eliminate her. Maria enters next, and Charlotte and Lacey double team her. Maria fights back with a double bulldog on both Charlotte and Lacey. Maria drops Ember, then Charlotte hits a spear on Maria. Lacey comes over and brawls with Charlotte now. Naomi enters next and hits the ring, and she immediately goes after Mandy. Naomi kicks Mandy in the head and throws her out for the elimination. Mandy then pulls Naomi out from the floor, but Naomi leaps to the fan barricade so her feet don't hit the ground. Naomi jumps from the barricade to the ring steps, then Mandy pulls her off so both her feet hit the ground. Lacey is eliminated, and then Candice Lerae enters next and starts fighting with Ember. Alicia Fox enters next and starts dropkicking everyone. Maria tries to strike up a partnership with Alicia, and Alicia seems to go with it as they double team Kairi. Maria then stomps on Alicia's hat she wore to the ring, and Alicia yells at her, then she lays on the mat and pounds the mat with her hands. Alicia gives up on her temper tantrum and starts fighting with Maria in the corner. Alicia dropkicks Maria outside for the elimination. Katy Catanzaro enters next and hits a hurricanrana on Ember, then she goes at it with Natalya. She hurricanranas Natlya down, then she fights with Alicia. Zelina Vega enters next. Ruby Riott is out next, and she comes out with Liv and Sarah, who have both been eliminated. They pull Charlotte out under the bottom rope and beat her down at ringside. They pull Alicia Fox out to ringside next and beat on her. Vega slides out of the ring and hides under the ring apron. Alicia gets back in the ring and immediately gets eliminated. Logan and Morgan powerbomb Candace out of the ring next into the barricade. Dana Brooke enters next and she fights with Katy in the corner then hits a sit out powerbomb. Liv and Sarah pull Dana out under the bottom rope next and stomp on her. Ruby eliminates Kairi Sane next. Io Shirai is out next, and she gets into it with the Riott Squad at ringside. Io goes up to the top rope and hits a moonsault down onto the Riott Squad at ringside. Ruby and Io fight on the apron, near where Zelina is hiding. Rhea Ripley enters next and starts dropping everyone. Dana Brooke hits a big boot on Ember, then she kicks Katy out for the elimination, but it appears Katy's feet didn't hit the ground. Katy hand-walks back over to the ring post, then she climbs up the ring post to get back in the ring. She climbs back in but Rhea knocks her back out for the elimination. Sonya Deville enters next. Rhea eliminates Dana. We see Zelina still hiding under the ring, and then Hornswoggle pops out beside her and she runs away. Hornswoggle chases Zelina back in the ring, then Rhea throws her out. Hornswoggle follows Zelina out of the ring and chases her to the back. Alea Bliss enters next and drops Ember then hits a standing moonsault on her. Alexa and Charlotte fight in the middle now as the other women fight in the corners. Alexa hits a version of the Canadian Destroyer on Charlotte, then Sonya drops Alexa from behind. Bayley enters next and she quickly eliminates Rhea. Lana enters next, but she's selling an ankle injury from earlier in the night and is very slow walking down the ramp. Nia enters next, and she attacks Lana and slams her on her bad ankle. Trainers chase off Nia and help Lana to the back. Nia hits the ring and starts knocking down everyone who comes near her. Io goes for a moonsault on Nia, but Nia catches her and throws her out for the elimination. Natalya picks up Nia, but Nia fights out and eliminates Natalya. Carmella enters next and she goes at it with Nia. Becky Lynch comes down the ramp and tells Finlay she wants to take Lana's spot in the match. It seems like they're letting Becky take Lana's spot, and her music hits and Becky enters the ring. Becky and Nia trade right hands now, then Becky goes at it with Charlotte. Nia misses a spear and Becky kicks her in the face. Nia hits a Samoan Drop on Charlotte, then Becky hits a missile dropkick off the top on Nia. Alexa and Ember fight on the apron, and Alexa trips her up and eliminates Ember. Back in the ring, Carmella hits the bronco buster on Alexa. Alexa comes back and drops Carmella, then Bayley runs over and powerbombs Alexa into the turnbuckle. Bayley and Carmella briefly team up to eliminate Alexa. Nia then clotheslines them both down. Carmella, Bayley, Charlotte and Becky all gang up on Nia now. Charlotte misses a spear on Carmella and Carmella kicks her in the face. Carmella kicks Nia in the face a couple times, then Charlotte runs over and kicks Carmella in the face to eliminate Carmella. Bayley runs over and tries to eliminate Charlotte, but Charlotte gets back in the ring. It's down to Charlotte, Bayley, Becky and Nia. Nia picks up Bayley for a Samoan Drop, then Charlotte big boots Nia and Bayley falls down to the floor for the elimination. It's down to Charlotte, Becky and Nia. Charlotte hits several big boots on Nia, then picks up Nia for a Samoan Drop and drops her on her head. Charlotte picks Nia up again and tries to eliminate her, but Nia holds on to the rope on the apron. Nia pushes Charlotte away, but then Becky knocks Nia out to the floor for the elimination. It's down to Becky and Charlotte. Before Nia leaves, she attacks Becky and Becky appears to be selling a knee injury now. Becky finally limps back in the ring and Charlotte immediately targets her bad knee. Charlotte hangs Becky upside down in the corner and stomps on her. Becky fights back but Charlotte takes out her leg again and then hits a fallaway slam. Charlotte goes for a big boot and misses, and Becky throws Charlotte out for the elimination.
Winner: Becky Lynch
- Becky celebrates after the match and looked shocked. She is still selling the knee as we go to replays.
- We see a pre-taped promo from The New Day with Golden Crisp cereal, who is a WWE sponsor this month.
- We go to a video package looking at the feud between AJ Styles and "the new" Daniel Bryan.
- Daniel Bryan (c) vs. AJ Styles: Daniel Bryan's WWE Title is on the line in this one. The opening bell rings and AJ immediately takes the fight to Bryan in the corner. Bryan gets tied up in the ropes and the ref pulls back AJ. AJ and Bryan trade holds on the mat now and Bryan tries working over AJ's shoulder. AJ comes back with an arm toss, and Bryan rolls outside for a breather. Back in the ring, Bryan fights back with punches and chops. AJ comes back with a big back body drop on the Champion. Bryan fights out and knocks AJ out to ringside, and AJ is selling his shoulder. Bryan rolls out and whips AJ int othe ring post, then takes him back in the ring. Bryan takes AJ down and looks for an armbar, but AJ escapes. Bryan puts the boots to AJ now and keeps him grounded. AJ finally fights back and levels the Champion with a dropkick. AJ appears to be bleeding from the nose. AJ hits a pumphandle backbreaker, and then a neckbreaker for a two count. Bryan throws a kick, but AJ catches it and takes him down with a dragon screw. AJ starts working over Bryan's knee now. Bryan trips up AJ in the corner and lays into him with kicks now. Bryan hits a running kick in the corner and goes for another, but AJ dodges it. Bryan catches styles and hits a full nelson suplex for a two count. Bryan takes AJ up top and looks for a Frankensteiner, but AJ blocks it. Bryan ends up kicking AJ in the head and AJ falls off the turnbuckle down to the ringside floor. Bryan misses a shot on the floor and AJ knees him in the face. AJ jumps on the barricade and hits the moonsault into a reverse DDT on Bryan. AJ goes for a springboard 450 splash, but Bryan puts his knees up to block it. Bryan goes for the Yes Lock, but AJ reverses into the Calf Crusher until Bryan reaches the ropes to break it. Bryan comes back with some kicks and pins for a two count. Bryan goes up top but AJ punches him and stuns him. AJ headbutts Bryan on the turnbuckle and climbs up top. Bryan slides through his legs and crotches AJ on the top turnbuckle. Bryan goes for a back suplex off the top, but AJ lands on his feet and Bryan crashes down. AJ takes Bryan down and then applies the Calf Crusher. Bryan reaches the ropes and AJ releases the hold, then he looks for the Styles Clash. Bryan escapes and elbows AJ in the head. AJ comes back with a vertical suplex. Bryan knocks AJ off the top rope and they trade strikes until both men go down. Eric Rowan walks down the ramp now and comes out to ringside. AJ works over Bryan's knee, and Bryan accidentally kicks down the ref. The ref is down, and AJ hits the Styles Clash on Bryan. While the ref is down, Rowan runs in and hits a chokeslam on Styles. Rowan rolls out of the ring, and Bryan pins AJ for the three count as the ref comes to his senses.
Winner & still WWE Champion: Daniel Bryan
- After the match, Rowan gets in the ring and picks up AJ. Bryan charges and boots AJ in the face. Bryan lifts up his WWE Title belt and celebrates with Rowan.
- Michael Cole introduces a video package looking at the brawl last night after NXT TakeOver: Phoenix went off the air.
- We go to a video package looking at what lead to Finn Balor's shot against Brock Lesnar tonight for the Universal Title.
- Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Finn Balor: Brock's Title is on the line in this one. Paul Heyman is at ringside in Lesnar's corner, and he does Lesnar's ring introduction. The opening bell sounds and Balor immediately hits Brock with a flurry of strikes before Brock sees him coming. Balor hits a series of kicks and then a running dropkick into the corner. Balor goes for a sling blade, but Brock catches him and hits a belly to belly suplex that sends Balor rolling out of the ring. Brock throws Finn into the barricade at ringside, then he hits a belly to belly overhead suplex on the floor. Brock picks up Balor next to the announce table, but Balor escapes and shoves Balor into the corner of the table, and Brock sells his ribs. Balor slams Brock's head into the table, but Brock fends him off with a right hand to the face. Brock throws Balor back in the ring as he stills sells his ribs. Balor hits a flurry of strikes back in the ring, but Brock tosses him into the turnbuckle then stomps on him. Brock hits another belly to belly suplex on Finn, and then another one. Balor fights back with kicks to the midsection, then he hits the Sling Blade. Balor charges again, but Brock drops him with a lariat. Brock looks for a suplex, but Brock drops him and sells his ribs, as Brock is selling a bad midsection injury. Brock looks for the F5, but Finn reverses it into a DDT for a two count, and then he stomps on Brock's midsection. Finn knocks Brock outside and then hits a suicide dive on him, and then a second one. Balor gets back in the ring and hits another dive on Brock. Brock finally climbs back in the ring, and Balor hits a running dropkick on him in the corner. Finn goes up top and Brock tries to roll away, but Finn still hits him with the Coup De Grace. Finn pins Brock, but Brock kicks out and puts Finn in a kimora lock. Balor taps out an this one is over.
Winner & still Universal Champion: Brock Lesnar
- After the match, Brock beats down Balor and hits some suplexes. Brock holds up his Universal Title and leaves.
- JBL and Jerry Lawyer come out to ringside to do commentary for the men's Royal Rumble match.
- Elias is in the ring for a song, and he's also #1 in the Royal Rumble up next. He leads the crowd in a Walk With Elias chant, and he cuts a brief promo, but before he can start singing, Jeff Jarrett's music hits and Double J comes out to interrupt.
- Men's Royal Rumble match: Jeff Jarrett makes his entrance as #2, and the Royal Rumble has begun. Jeff gets on the mic and cuts a classic Double J promo. Elias talks to Jeff, and says it's nice to finally be interupted by someone who brings something to the table. Elias says Jeff is a Hall of Famer, and he is a future Hall of Famer, and he knows that Jeff wants to do a duet with Elias. Before they start, Elias drops Jeff with a right hand and puts the boots to him. Jeff fights back with right hands, but Elias shuts him down with a clothesline. Elias picks up his guitar and bashes it over Jarrett's back, then throws him out for the elimination. Shinsuke Nakamura enters next and goes at it with Elias. Elias walks the top rope hits an arm drag on Nakamura. Kurt Angle enters next. Kurt hits the ring and hits several suplexes on Elias and Nakamura. Big E enters next and he hits three belly to belly suplexes on Nakamura. He follows up with a running splash on Nakamura, while Angle and Elias fight in the corner. Kurt walks over and hits the Olympic Slam on Big E. Nakamura grabs Angle and throws him into the ring post then hits a running knee to the body. Nakamura follows up with a knee to the head that knocks Angle outside for the elimination. Johnny Gargano enters next and hits a hurricanrana on Elias, then a DDT on Big E. Gargano hits a slingshot spear on Elias, while Nakamura and Big E fight in the opposite corner. Jinder Mahal enters next, and both Singh Brothers come out with him. Jinder starts dropping people, but then Gargano knocks him out to the apron and kicks him out to ringside. The Singh Brothers run in and Elias and Big E take them out. Big E takes pancakes out of his trunks and shoves them in Sunil's mouth. Samoa Joe enters next and hits a splash on Elias in the corner and then a Pele kick. Joe and Gargano trade shots now, until Gargano goes for a splash but Joe walks out of the way and Gargano hits the mat by himself. Joe eliminates Big E, then turns his attention to Nakamura. Curt Hawkins enters next, and he hops in the ring, but then he hops out through the ropes to regroup at ringside before he does anything. He gets back in the ring and hits Joe from behind, then slides out under the ropes again. Hawkins comes back in and gets in the mic until Joe puts him in a choke. Elias hits Joe, and Hawkins falls out to ringside under the rope and hides under the ring. Seth Rollins enters next. Rollins hits Gargano with the Falcon Arrow, then he superkicks Nakamura. Elias fights with Rollins near the apron, and Rollins eliminates Elias. Titus enters next, and he slowly approaches the ring so he doesn't slide under. He notices Hawkins under the ring and then chases him under the ring curtain. Hawkins comes out the other side of the ring, and Titus follows. Hawkins runs in the ring and Titus follows, and then Hawkins throws Titus out. Joe throws Hawkins out, then he fights with Rollins. Kofi Kingston enters next. Kofi leaps into the ring with a flying clothesline on Nakamura. Mustafa Ali enters next and he immediately goes after Joe. Nakamura climbs the turnbuckle but Ali kicks him down to ringside to eliminate Nakamura. Ali and Gargano trade kicks until Ali hits a tornado DDT on him. Joe then takes out Ali with a big suplex. Dean Ambrose enters next and he brawls with Rollins. Ambrose stomps on Rollins in the corner, then he knocks Kofi outside, but Kofi's feet don't touch the ground. Kofi climbs back into the ring and goes up top, then he hits a tornado DDT on Ambrose. Gargano drops Kofi, and then Ambrose eliminates Gargano. No Way Jose enters next. As soon as Jose enters the ring, Samoa Joe immediately clotheslines him out for the elimination. Jose has his whole conga line with him at ringside and they dance back up the ramp. Drew McIntyre enters next and he attacks Jose on the ramp, and also some of his conga dancers. Drew gets in the ring and hits big boots on Rollins and Ambrose. Drew and Joe trade punches now until Drew fires back with a big boot. Xavier Woods enters next. As Woods comes in, Kofi get knocked out of the ring again, and Woods helps Kofi keep his feet off the ground and back into the ring. As soon as Kofi and Xavier get in the ring, Drew clotheslines them out to eliminate both of them. Pete Dunne enters next. Dunne hits a suplex on Ali and a kick, then he puts the boots to Joe. Dunne drops Drew with an arm hold, then he slams Ali into Drew while he's down. Andrade enters next and he brawls with Ambrose. Apollo Crews is in next and he starts off with dropkicks on Ali, Ambrose and Joe. He hits a Samoan Drop on Dunne, then he works over Ambrose on the ropes. Aleister Black enters next at #21. Ali looks for a springboard moonsault on Black, but Black kicks him out of mid-air. Black hits the Black Mass on Ambrose, and Ambrose falls outside for the elimination. Joe hits a spinning powerslam on Black, and then Shelton Benjamin makes his entrance. Shelton hits a spinning heel kick on Crews, then he goes at it with Dunne. Joe puts a choke on Ali, but Shelton runs over and knees Joe in the ring. Ali then shoves Joe to the outside for the elimination, and Joe looks pissed off at Ali. Baron Corbin enters next and hits the Deep Six on Ali. Crews tries to springboard at Corbin, but Corbin hits a right hand and knocks Crews out for the elimination. Jeff Hardy makes his entrance next and leads the crowd in a Delete chant as he hits the ring. Hardy hits a Twist of Fate on Shelton, then he hits the Whisper In The Wind on Corbin, Ali and Shelton. Black and Dunne go at it, then Corbin runs over and eliminates Black. Drew hits the Claymore kick on Dunne and then eliminates him. Rey Mysterio enters at #25. Rey leaps in the ring, but Corbin catches him and hits a backbreaker. Bobby Lashley enters next, and Lio Rush is with him. Lashley gets in, but Rollins quickly eliminates him, and Lashley pulls Rollins out under the bottom rope in a fit of rage. Lashley beats down Rollins on the floor, then he chokeslams Rollins through the announce table. Braun Strowman enters next at #27, as Rollins is still laying out cold at ringside. Strowman hits the ring and goes right for Corbin. They trade punches, then Braun clotheslines Corbin outside for the elimination. Braun boots Shelton down and then eliminates him too. Braun eliminates Jeff Hardy, and Dolph Ziggler makes his entrance. Braun and Drew fight on the apron, then Ziggler superkicks Drew and eliminates Drew. Randy Orton enters next at #29, and Strowman drops him pretty quickly. There's a big superplex/powerslam pyramid in the corner with everyone except Orton, and then R-Truth enters at #30. R-Truth comes out to the ramp and raps, but then Nia Jax runs out and attacks Truth from behind. Nia beats down Truth on the stage, then she heads to the ring. Nia hits the ring and hits a splash on Dolph in the corner, then she hits big boots on Andrade and Rey, follows up by an elbow drop. Mustafa Ali confronts her and looks confused, and she headbutts him and throws Ali out of the ring for the elimination. Randy Orton faces off with Nia and he goes for the RKO, but Nia shoves Orton off and shoulder blocks him down. Nia picks up Rey next, but then Dolph superkicks Nia, then Rey dropkicks Nia onto the ropes. Rey follows up with the 619 on Nia, then Orton hits the RKO on Nia. Rey and Randy try to eliminate Nia, but she hangs on, so Rey dropkicks her down for the elimination. Orton hits the RKO on Rey next, then throws him out for the elimination. Andrade runs up behind Orton and eliminates Orton next. Andrade and Ziggler face off now, as Rollins and Braun are still at ringside. Braun finally gets back in the ring and drops both Ziggler and Andrade. Braun hits a splash on Andrade in the corner, then on Ziggler. Braun goes back outside and clotheslines Rollins down to the floor again as he finally was getting to his feet. Back in the ring, Ziggler and Andrade double team Braun, then Rollins gets in and hits the frogsplash on Braun. Braun starts fighting them off and he throws Andrade to the outside for the elimination. Braun cotheslines Ziggler outside for the elimination next. Rollins tries to throw out Braun, but he holds on. Rollins hits a superkick on Braun, but he still hangs on. Rollins charges at him, but Braun catches him and chokeslams him in the ring. Rollins starts fighting back and they fight out to the apron. Rollins shoves Braun into the ring post and then curb stomps him on the corner of the apron for the elimination.
Winner: Seth Rollins
- Rollins celebrates after the match and looks up at the WrestleMania logo on the big screen as Royal Rumble goes off the air.