The July 9th, 2019 edition of WWE SmackDown Live took place at the SNHU Arena in Manchester, NH.
- Tonight's broadcast opens with video from earlier today, showing Dolph Ziggler arriving at the arena. Ziggler rants about carrying Owens like he's carried WWE for the past decade. Owens comes pulling up in a car, honking the horn. They argue and this leads to blows as Owens strikes first. They brawl until Superstars come and break it up. Shane McMahon also appears as they are separated. Shane orders Owens to leave the building.
- Shane McMahon is backstage for an interview. She asks why he canceled the Owens vs. Ziggler match, and he talks about how we can't have that kind of behavior from Owens in WWE. Shane says he has other ideas for tonight's main event and will go work on that now.
- Kevin Owens runs in from the crowd and invades ringside with a mic, cutting the announcers off. Owens talks about how he watched the McMahon family promise change, but the only thing that's happened is Shane getting more power, and no one wanted to see that. Fans cheer Owens on as he continues yelling about Shane. Owens says this is the biggest load of crap he's ever seen in WWE. Shane comes walking down the ramp and has Owens' mic cut as fans boo. Owens calls him an idiot and grabs another mic. Owens talks about how Shane disrespects every performer, past and present, when he calls himself the best in the world. Owens says it makes everyone sick. Owens says everyone in the back thinks "Shane can kiss my ass" when he calls himself the best. Shane wants Owens stopped. Owens goes on about how Shane takes TV time from people like Ali, Buddy Murphy, Apollo Crews, Asuka, Kairi Sane and others. Owens leaves through the crowd as a "thank you Owens" chant breaks out. We go back to the announcers and they discuss tonight's show.
- Finn Balor is backstage getting ready to come out to the ring.
- Finn Balor vs. Shinsuke Nakamura: Before the match we see a pre-taped promo from Balor, who praises Nakamura but says that's not the man he's facing tonight, tonight he's facing a man who is desperate to get his career back on track. In the opening moments Nakamura connects with several elbow strikes on Balor. Balor counters a pin attempt with a kick to the face. Nakamura keeps control until Balor turns it around with a kick. Balor with a big chop in the corner. Balor blocks a kick and drops an elbow over the throat for a 2 count. Balor waits for Nakamura to get back up now. Nakamura blocks a Slingblade. Nakamura with more offense and a sliding German suplex at the apron. Nakamura waits for Balor to get up now. Nakamura charges for a Kinshasa but Balor counters and hits a Slingblade. Balor goes to the top but Nakamura cuts him off. Nakamura brings Balor down with a knee to the ribs. Nakamura goes to the top while Balor is recovering on the apron. Nakamura with a big knee strike, knocking Balor from the apron to the floor. Nakamura sends Balor into the ring post and the barrier a few times as the referee counts. They both make it back in at the 9 count. Nakamura tosses Balor back out to the floor. Nakamura delivers a Kinshasa on the floor as the referee counts again. Balor makes it back in just in time. Nakamura continues the beatdown on the floor, sending Balor into the barrier and the steel ring steps. Nakamura leaves Balor laying as the referee counts. Balor once again makes it back in at the 9 count. Nakamura immediately delivers a Kinshasa for the pin to get the non-title win.
Winner: Shinsuke Nakamura
- After the match, Nakamura beats down Balor some more.
- Shane McMahon, Elias and Drew McIntyre are backstage. Shane promises to make Cedric Alexander pay for getting involved in his business last night. Drew and Shane talk about their intentions to beat Roman Reigns and The Undertaker at WWE Extreme Rules on Sunday. Elias says he's been working on the perfect funeral song for Undertaker. Dolph Ziggler interrupts to say he's not happy with Shane taking away his chance to beat up Kevin Owens. Shane says he has a different opportuntiy in mind for him tonight, and Shane books Ziggler vs. Reigns for tonight. Shane says they will all be out there at ringside to support Ziggler.
- Bayley is backstage getting ready to come out to the ring.
- We see a video package looking at the feud leading up to Samoa Joe vs. WWE Champion Kofi Kingston at Extreme Rules. We see pre-recorded backstage comments from Joe now, and Joe promises to tear away every last shred of the lie that Kofi is.
- It's time for the contract signing for the Women's Title match on Sunday. Kayla Braxton is in the ring, and she introduces Nikki Cross, who is here to represent herself and Alexa Bliss. Bayley comes out next for the Extreme Rules contract signing for the 2-on-1 Handicap Match for the SmackDown Women's Title. We see what happened on last night's RAW with the Beat The Clock Challenge, Cross picking the Handicap Match stipulation for Extreme Rules, and Bayley's attack. They exchange words and Bayley tries to convince Nikki that Alexa is just using her, but Nikki isn't having it. Cross says Bliss isn't using her and Bliss has promised that when she wins the title on Sunday, they will be the first-ever co-champions on SmackDown. They sign the contract, and Nikki tells Bayley to stay at ringside for a closer look of her match with Carmella up next.
Carmella vs. Nikki Cross: Bayley is at ringside for this one. Cross attacks Carmella and unloads, beating her down and stopping to look at Bayley. Cross takes it to the corner and keeps control. Cross with a dropkick. Cross keeps Carmella grounded and keeps looking out at Bayley. Carmella finally tries to make the comeback but Cross shuts her down. Cross yells out at Bayley, saying this is on her, before going back to work on Carmella. Carmella ducks a crossbody attempt and they both go down. Carmella mounts momentum off the ropes now. Carmella runs Cross face-first into her boot in the corner. Fans pop for Carmella as she keeps control and hits the Bronco Buster in the corner. More back and forth as they tangle. Carmella with a close roll-up out of nowhere. Cross blocks another shot and hits her swinging neckbreaker, The Purge, in the middle of the ring for the pin to win.
Winner: Nikki Cross
- The announcers discuss the feud between The Kabuki Warriors and The IIconics. We see footage of Asuka and Kairi Sane recently winning a non-title match over Peyton Royce and Billie Kay in Tokyo, Japan, to earn a future title shot. We go backstage to Paige, Asuka and Sane confronting The IIconics now. Paige says they want their title shot for tonight. The champs say Billie is sick. Paige trashes the Iiconics for not defending their Titles, and says their Title match will be happening soon.
- Dolph Ziggler is backstage preparing for his match later against Roman Reigns.
- Daniel Bryan and Rowan are shown backstage getting ready to come out to the ring.
- Back from the break, we see RAW Women's Champion Becky Lynch on the cover of the new issue of ESPN The Magazine with Alison Brie of Netflix's GLOW series.
- Roman Reigns does an interview in the back where says Ziggler is not ready for him tonight. He also says he and The Undertaker will do their thing on Sunday, and Shane McMahon and Drew McIntyre will rest in peace.
- We go to the ring for tonight's "Tag Team Title Summit", and Big E and Xavier Woods are out first. They get on the mic and talk about tonight's Triple Threat match, and the Triple Threat on Sunday. They quickly get interrupted SmackDown Tag Team Champions Daniel Bryan and Rowan. Bryan says fans are booing him but they should be booing The New Day. Bryan knocks them for gyrating and making jokes about three-ways and tips, for not taking the title shot seriously. They exchange words until Tucker and Otis of Heavy Machinery interrupt. Tucker talks about taking Bryan and Rowan to the limit at Stomping Grounds, and the win over Dolph Ziggler and Kevin Owens last week. Heavy Machinery says they will be the new SmackDown Tag Team Champions on Sunday, mocking Big E. Tucker says they will show everyone that there's no party like a blue collar party.
Otis vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Xavier Woods: Daniel Bryan goes to the floor early on as Xavier Woods and Otis lock up. Bryan runs in and jumps on the back of Otis after he tosses Woods. Bryan gets dropped and goes back to the floor again to regroup as Woods tries to overpower Otis. Bryan runs in and joins Woods for a double suplex attempt on Otis. Otis counters and hits a double suplex on Woods and Bryan at the same time. Otis with a 2 count on Bryan. Otis whips Woods into the corner a few times. Bryan runs in but Otis plants him face-first into the mat. ryan with more kicks. Otis catches the roundhouse and scoops Bryan for a big slam. Woods with a kick to the face of Otis. Otis catches a move by Woods and drops him. Otis with running splashes to Woods and Bryan in the corner. Otis gets ready for The Caterpillar and hits it on Bryan, dropping the elbow. Bryan rolls to the apron to avoid the pin. Bryan superkicks Otis down. Bryan charges Woods with a running knee but Woods turns it into a Gutbuster. Bryan rolls to the floor. Woods and Otis trade shots now. Otis hits a big slam in the middle of the ring for the three count.
- We see a video package on the history between Kevin Owens and Dolph Ziggler, including today's brawl in the parking lot and tonight's segment with Owens and Shane.
- Ember Moon exchanges words with Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose again backstage. They tell Moon to find a tag team partner for next week's show, if she can.
- Aleister Black is backstage for an interview and to reveal his opponent for Extreme Rules. Cesaro sits down, and it looks like Cesaro vs. Black will be taking place on Sunday at Extreme Rules.
- Roman Reigns and Dolph Ziggler are shown backstage getting ready to come out to the ring.
- WWE Champion Kofi Kingston is backstage for a quick backstage interview where he bashes Samoa Joe.
- Roman Reigns vs. Dolph Ziggler: Before the match starts, Shane McMahon, Drew McIntyre and Elias come out to ringside, and Shane gets his extended "best in the world" introduction. The opening bell sounds and Reigns and Ziggler grapple into the corner. Reigns overpowers Ziggler at first, but Ziggler fires back with kicks and punches. Reigns comes back with a clothesline and then he looks for a Samoan Drop, but Ziggler escapes and hits a dropkick. Ziggler follows up with an elbow drop for a two count. Reigns fights back, but a distraction from Elias leads to Drew McIntyre cheap-shotting Reigns behind the ref's back. Back in the ring, Ziggler takes control and wrestles Reigns down to the mat. Ziggler looks for a DDT, but Reigns escapes and drops Ziggler with a big boot and then a leaping clothesline. Zigglr comes back with the Zig Zag for a two count. Ziggler looks for a superkick, but Reigns dodges it and hits the superman punch for a two count of his own. Reigns dumps Ziggler outside and then hits a dive on Ziggler, Drew and Elias all at ringside. Shane runs in the ring, but then Kevin Owens runs in and hits the Stone Cold Stunner on Shane. Reigns takes Ziggler back in the ring and hits the spear on him for the three count.
Winner: Roman Reigns
- SmackDown goes off the air almost as soon as the bell rings, with referee Charles Robinson raising Roman Reigns' hand.