-- Here is WWE's official response to the impacts of COVID-19 on their business activities:
WWE® Statement on Potential Impact of COVID-19
STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- WWE (NYSE: WWE) today communicated perspective regarding the potential impact of COVID-19 on the Company’s financial performance.
WWE has substantial financial resources, both available cash and debt capacity, which currently total more than $0.5 billion, to manage the challenges ahead. The fundamentals of the Company’s business remain strong reflecting the passion of WWE’s fans and the quality of its content. Management continues to believe the Company is well positioned to take full advantage of the changing media landscape and increasing value of live sports rights over the longer term.
The health and safety of WWE’s fans, performers and employees are the Company’s top priorities and management is monitoring the situation closely domestically and internationally.
The potential impact of COVID-19, and corresponding changes in the way WWE operates, may adversely impact the Company’s business including, but not limited to, its live event ticket sales and the sale of merchandise at those events. It should be noted that the Company may be directed to cancel, postpone or relocate certain upcoming events and the number of these changes is unknown at this time. The Company is currently unable to quantify the potential financial impact of COVID-19, but the financial impact to the Company may be material. Accordingly, the Company is withdrawing its previously announced first quarter and full year 2020 guidance due to the increased uncertainty of the financial impact of COVID-19 to the Company.
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The Company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience. WWE is committed to family friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE’s TV-PG, family-friendly programming can be seen in more than 800 million homes worldwide in 28 languages. WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 over-the-top premium network that includes all live pay-per-views, scheduled programming and a massive video-on-demand library, is currently available in more than 180 countries. The Company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Dubai, Munich and Tokyo.
-- The XFL has also canceled the remainder of its regular season and tweeted the following:
— XFL (@xfl2020) March 12, 2020
- PHOTO: Latest Tease For Dark Order's "THE EXALTED ONE" Being Unveiled Next Week (Who Do YOU Think Pic Looks Like ...??)
WWE & AEW News, Rumors, Photos & Videos* Matt Hardy Promises Big Finish For "#FreeTheDELETE" Series Covering His Post-WWE Plans
* Vince McMahon Re-Writes Erick Rowan Mystery Cage Unveiling Segment HOURS Before RAW On 3/2
* Lana Will Be Missing Multiple Episodes Of WWE RAW, Find Out Why
* Paige Undergoes EMERGENCY SURGERY To Have Ovarian Cyst Removed, Hospital Photos Surface
* UNSEEN PHOTOS: Look At Dakota Kai & Tegan Nox's Bodies Backstage Right After NXT Steel Cage Match (WOW)
* Possible WrestleMania Spoiler: Two Big Names At WWE HQ For Meeting About WM36 Plans
* AEW Spells Things Out For Fans With New "Exalted One" Tease For The Dark Order (WHOA!)
* WWE Changes Name Of Popular Original Documentary Series On WWE Network
* Crazy Story About Vince McMahon Attacking Top WWE Star On Airplane In Early 2000s (Video)
* Former WWE Star Has Baby Daughter, Shares Images From Hospital (PHOTOS)
* WATCH: Natalya Does Hilarious Impression Of Michael "P.S." Hayes (Video)
* Renee Young Gets Another NEW TATTOO (Photos)
* Eric Bischoff LASHES OUT At Tony Khan, Claims He's "Spent $30-50 MILLION Just To Prove AEW Is On NXT's Level"
* Liv Morgan Does Sexy Dance On A Stripper Pole (Photos)