The "Young Rock" series has been green-lit for a sophomore season.
This week, NBC announced that they have renewed the new comedy sitcom based on the life-and-career of future WWE Hall of Fame legend and Hollywood big shot Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson for a second season.
It was announced that both "Young Rock" and "Kenan" have been picked up by the television network following the success of the two-show combo on Tuesday nights.
NBC noted that "Young Rock" is the number one new comedy of the season in the coveted 18-to-49 year old demographic, boasting that the series premiere pilot episode attracted more than 134-million overall viewers.
"IIt has been a true joy to watch Dwayne Johnson and Kenan Thompson on NBC every week and see families connect with their relatable, entertaining and heartwarming stories," said Lisa Katz, President of Scripted Programming at NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. "We’re thrilled to renew both of these shows for another season and can’t wait to see more from Dwayne, Kenan and the incredibly talented casts and producing teams behind each of them."
For more on this story, visit Deadline.com.
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom