Apparently 2019 saw some "phenomenal" negotiations for All Elite Wrestling.
"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles recently opened up about his negotiations with AEW on the latest installment of his live Twitch stream.
The WWE Superstar noted that when his contract with World Wrestling Entertainment was up last year, he briefly spoke with officials within AEW about their level of interest in him potentially making the jump.
"Yeah, there were talks," Styles revealed on his latest Twitch stream. "Look, it's a business."
He continued, "My contract in WWE was going to expire and there were talks happening."
According to "The Phenomenal One," the negotiations between himself and AEW never reached the point of actual money figures being discussed, as they were more preliminary-style talks between the two sides.
"The [Young] Bucks are my buddies," Styles said. "We never discussed money or anything, but there were talks about coming in. Again, it's all business."
Watch the latest AJ Styles live stream video archive by visiting his official stream page at Twitch.tv.
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION, DISCUSSION & SOCIAL MEDIA* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom