Pro wrestling veteran Alberto Del Rio was indicted by a grand jury in San Antonio, Texas on charges of aggravated kidnapping on Thursday, October 8, 2020.
The former WWE Champion was arrested back in May on charges of sexual assault -- a second degree felony, as well as aggravated kidnapping.
At the time of the incident, News 4 San Antonio was reporting that the wrestling star was enraged when discovering that the woman involved in the incident had been unfaithful to him.
“Police said Rodriguez Chucuan [Del Rio] then tied the woman’s hands with boxing straps, put a sock in her mouth and sexually assaulted her for several hours, using various objects," the report stated. "According to investigators, he also punched her in the back during the assault, causing visible injuries. The victim told detectives she does not remember much after he placed his hand around her throat."
On Thursday, a press release was issued by the Bexar County District Attorney's Office that confirmed Del Rio, real name José Alberto Rodríguez Chucuan, was indicted on one count of aggravated kidnapping and four counts of sexual assault.
If he ends up with a conviction in the first degree for the aggravated kidnapping charge, Del Rio faces a minimum of five years in prison and up to a lifetime prison sentence. A second degree conviction would bring with it a minimum of two years in prison along with a fine of up to $10,000.
WRESTLING REACTION: Discuss This News With Other Fans* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom