Booker T knew Big E.'s time was coming.
It was only a matter of time.
The two-time WWE Hall of Fame legend reflected on a recent installment of his "Hall Of Fame" podcast about a conversation he had with Big E. about his time in WWE coming soon after Kofi Kingston finally captured his first WWE Championship.
Featured below is an excerpt from the show where he touches on this topic.
"Over the last week, he and I actually discussed a few things. One of the things we discussed was that night after Kofi Kingston won the title. I found Big E in a spot where it seemed like he was thinking about something, and I just pulled him aside and said, ‘Hey man, don’t worry about nothing, man. Your time will come. You’re going to have your run [with the title], trust me.’
"I don’t know if he fully believed it. I said, ‘Trust me, you’re going to have your run.’”Now, we’re here, and hopefully he’ll make the best of it. He didn’t remember it ’til I said something about it, and he goes, ‘I remember you came up to me and said you’re going to have your run.’"
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom