During a recent installment of his podcast, "Something To Wrestle With," WWE executive Bruce Prichard spoke about the time that Eddie Guerrero was nearly prevented the opportunity that he would go on to receive as the WWE Champion.
According to Prichard, the size and even the race of the performer in this case almost kept Guerrero from what would go on to be a very memorable run for a number of reasons.
"So he had it all, and I think a lot of people felt that it was a bad decision," Prichard recalled. "[They] felt that Eddie was too small, and the fact that he was Mexican. All these things were like, ‘Ah, he’s a little guy’. I don’t know."
Prichard continued, "There was just opposition, but in the end, I remember thinking, ‘he’s the guy.’ He was just the guy at that time, and I think Eddie needed that title."
Check out the complete episode of the Something To Wrestle With podcast featuring Bruce Prichard below.
WWE SURVIVOR SERIES SPOILERS (UNDERTAKER'S FINAL FAREWELL)* WWE Survivor Series 2020 Spoilers (Pt. 1)
* WWE Survivor Series 2020 Spoilers (Pt. 2)
* WWE Survivor Series 2020 Spoilers (Pt. 3)
* WWE Survivor Series 2020 Spoilers (Pt. 4)
* WWE Survivor Series 2020 Spoilers (Pt. 5)
WRESTLING DISCUSSION & SOCIAL MEDIA AT RAJAH.COM* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom