As noted, WWE Superstar Carmella recently appeared as a guest on "The Bella Podcast" for an in-depth interview covering all things pro wrestling.
In addition to the highlights we recently published from the interview, the former Ms. Money In The Bank spoke to WWE Hall of Fame legends Nikki Bella and Brie Bella about the surprising release of The Ilconics -- Billie Kay and Peyton Royce -- from WWE after WrestleMania 37 last month.
Featured below is an excerpt from the interview where Carmella responds to a question from The Bella Twins about whether or not she was shocked when she learned that the popular women's duo had been released from the company.
“I think everyone was. I don’t know what the right or wrong thing to say is. All I can speak from is my experience and we were super excited for this story. I felt like ‘I’m done with this whole sexy gimmick they want me to do or try to be sexy.’ Which is fine and it’s fun to be sexy, but I wanted to show my personality more. I wanted to show a little bit more of a fun side. And I was really looking forward to doing that with Billie. Our entrance alone, she was cracking me up. She was so funny. I was really looking forward to where that was going to go. And obviously, unfortunately, we can’t do that any more. Those two were some of my closest friends since I’ve been here, since they got here. So this was the first time I was like really rocked by a release. I was like ‘wow. These are my friends. They’re not just my co-workers."
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom