As noted, a memo was sent out to WWE talent by Vince McMahon recently informing them that they have 30 days to end their relationships with all third-parties that involve them using their "name and likeness in ways that are detrimental to the company," or they will be fined and possibly released.
The reports have resulted in a lot of reaction within the industry, both privately behind-the-scenes in private and publicly on social media.
Among the most outspoken on Twitter in regards to these reports are CM Punk, Renee Young and Mick Foley.
Check out their recent tweets reacting to and/or mocking the reports about the subject below.
“Hi greg this is Ruhnay Yung and I heard it’s your birthday! Well happy birthday from me and little Benjamin, we hope you get everything thing you want K BYYEEEEEEE”
— player/coach (@CMPunk) September 4, 2020
😂😂😂 I’ll get Blue a cameo. I feel like he could make bank
— Renee Paquette (@ReneePaquette) September 4, 2020
Alright guys. Girls. Are they gonna fire
Everyone? Just keep doing you. Don’t
— player/coach (@CMPunk) September 5, 2020
— Mick Foley (@RealMickFoley) September 5, 2020
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION, DISCUSSION & SOCIAL MEDIA* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom