Dolph Ziggler recently spoke with Sports Illustrated for an interview about his COVID-19 status, his move to the Monday Night RAW brand and always feeling like the next thing he does in WWE could be the last thing he does before the company fires him.
Featured below are some of the highlights from S.I.'s new interview with Dolph Ziggler.
On his move to RAW: "I didn’t pitch this, but I feel like [the program between] myself and Otis had kind of run its course. I really liked working with Otis, Mandy and Sonya. If this were the old days and we were going five days a week and doing live events, we would have had even more chemistry and a really special thing. In this day and age, where it’s just a TV show in a closed studio, as young superstars, they came along very quickly. But I don’t know where else we could go with that, so I completely understand the move to Raw."
On always having this fear that the next thing he does could be the last thing he does before being fired, so he always give everything his all: "Story wise, 15 years ago, I came in as a caddy for two months. I assumed I was fired once that was over. Then I became a Spirit Squad guy, until five of us got beat up and thrown into a box, so I assumed I was fired again. As much as I like to pretend that I don’t give it a damn, I’m putting everything I have into this any time I’m out there. But I also like to screw with everybody and say, 'I don’t give a damn, just pay me.'"
On whether or not his COVID-19 test results came back positive or negative: "You will absolutely see me on Raw. We’ve been really cautious with everything, really washing down the ring and keeping everyone isolated. When we go to work, we’re tested. If we get a negative test, then we go to work. Even several months ago, when we weren’t exactly sure what we were being told to do by the CDC on a day-to-day basis, I just wanted to play it safe so I’ve been wearing a mask wherever I can. That’s in the gym, walking into a CVS, even during my walks outside—it’s making me work on my breath a little better."
Check out the complete Dolph Ziggler interview at SI.com.
Breaking WWE News & AEW Rumors, Spoilers & Updates* Watch Mark Henry On Steve Austin's Broken Skull Sessions (VIDEO)
* Update: Over 24 WWE Superstars & Employees Test Positive For COVID-19
* WWE Issues Statement On Multiple Wrestlers & Staff Testing Positive For COVID-19
* Renee Young Comments On Testing Positive For The Coronavirus: "Man, What A Few Days ..."
* WWE Making Big Changes To Tapings After 2 Dozen Positive COVID-19 Tests Discovered
* Update On Terri Runnels Accusing Brock Lesnar Of Sexual Misconduct In Latest #SpeakingOut Allegation
* Jon Moxley Pulled From AEW Shows Due To Renee Young Testing Positive For COVID-19
* Being The Elite Comments On Removing Past BTE Episodes Featuring #SpeakingOut Wrestlers
* MSG Pays Tribute To 30 Years Of Legendary Undertaker Moments (#ThankYouTaker)
WWE, AEW & Other Wrestling Reaction & Social Media* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom