Who changed Vince McMahon's mind about bringing Mick Foley into WWE way back in the day?
Few known the answer to this question better than the man who was serving as the WWE Senior Vice President of Talent Relations, the WWE Hall of Fame legend Jim Ross.
During a recent installment of his Grilling JR podcast alongside Conrad Thompson, the All Elite Wrestling commentator spoke about The Undertaker being the key reason why Vince McMahon ended up finally changing his mind and bringing Mick Foley in to the company during the 1990s.
Featured below is an excerpt from the show where "Good Ole' J.R." touches on this particular topic.
"Vince relied on talents that he trusted. One of great traits of a really good booker is you bring guys in or you put two guys in a marriage, and you count on them to add some creative to it. The more they add to it, the better it’s gonna be executed. I think Vince saw early on thanks to Taker’s selling that, ‘I think we’re onto something, boss.’ That’s all Vince needed to hear. Your main star felt invested. So, he’s onto something, and I’m gonna make sure I don’t cut this thing short. I think as time went on, all the big matches Mick has been in were basically with Undertaker. How’s he gonna do wrestling a guy that was known to be one of Vince’s favorites? We saw how that match played out, and it was fabulous."
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom