On a recent installment of his "Grilling JR" podcast, AEW commentator and WWE Hall Of Fame legend Jim Ross reflected back on the real-life behind-the-scenes rivalry between fellow WWE Hall Of Famers "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Jeff Jarrett.
During the podcast, "Good Ole' JR" recalled the man who would go on to co-found what is known today as IMPACT Wrestling thinking he was on the same level as "The Texas Rattlesnake" during arguably the peak of the popularity of the "Stone Cold" character at one of the hottest boom periods in WWE history.
"For Jeff Jarrett to compare himself to be on the same level of ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin is somewhat ludicrous in my opinion," Ross told Conrad Thompson, the co-host of his "Grilling JR" podcast. "Obviously Jeff, in his own defense, thought he was a top guy as well."
Ross, one of the three announcers featured on AEW Dynamite on TNT every Wednesday night continued, "He wasn’t at Stone Cold’s level. Only [one] guy was on Stone Cold’s level, The Rock.
"For [Jeff Jarrett] to compare himself to Austin was a little bit of a stretch."
Check out the complete episode of the "Grilling JR" podcast where Jim Ross reflects on the issues between Steve Austin and Jeff Jarrett below, or by visiting WestwoodOnePodcasts.com.
WRESTLING NEWS DISCUSSION & SOCIAL MEDIA* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom