KUSHIDA took to social media on Tuesday to comment on his new look an his status as the NXT Cruiserweight Champion.
The veteran performer dropped his "Back to the Future" style look in favor of a MMA-inspired look on this week's show.
He released the following statement on Twitter to address his championship status, goals for the title and his new look:
“I’m the NEW NXT cruiserweight champion. I want to make this belt something that is truly valuable and meaningful in this business. I respect the former champion Santos. It has increased the value of this title for a year. I will make history from today.
“I want to be a bridge that connects Japan and the U.S.A.Many great things have been imported from Japan to the United States. Sony revolutionized electronics. Nissan, Toyota, and Honda have brought high quality automobiles. Ichiro Suzuki and Shohei Ohtani have changed the way baseball is played in America. And I will try my best to do the same for wrestling! Any brand,Any place,It doesn’t matter who challenges me.I’m the leader of WWE cruiser weight.and I’m here in NXT. I will continue to challenge ANY competitor. Thanks [watch emoji] [left pointing hand emoji]”
Check out the statement from KUSHIDA's official Twitter feed via the post embedded below.
— KUSHIDA (@KUSHIDA_0904) April 21, 2021
(H/T to Wrestling Headlines for transcribing the above statement.)
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION & DISCUSSION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom