-- -- Dwayne Johnson, Dany Garcia and Gerry Cardinale are equal 33.3% partners & owners of the XFL after purchasing it for $15 million in bankruptcy court. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter suggests that the three of them are gambling that Johnson’s name value and ability to sell will get the league a paying television deal for next season, which is tentatively scheduled to start in February. The old league under Vince McMahon had TV deals with ABC, ESPN, FOX, FS1 and FS2 but McMahon was giving them those games for free and was willing to lose money for the first three years in order to establish the XFL as a legitimate league with viable ratings. Analysts predict that Johnson, Garcia and Cardinale will not be nearly as tolerant and are likely unwilling to go three years and hundreds of millions of dollars into losses and instead are looking for a broadcast and streaming rights partner as early as 2021.
MORE RECENT WRESTLING NEWS* WWE Bringing In Another Well-Known MMA Legend For High-Profile Match?
* AEW Stars Growing Frustrated Over Veterans Holding Onto Their Spots
* CM Punk's Surprising Reaction To RAW Underground, What He Wants To See
* Rusev & Maria Kanellis Blast WWE In Recent Twitter Rants
* The REAL Reason WWE Brought Back Shane McMahon This Week
* Latest Updates On Marty Jannetty Police Investigation For Potential Murder Case
* Renee Young Interested In Wrestling Specific Type Of Match & Opponent