Renee Paquette wasn't a fan of WWE giving away some of their own surprises for this year's Royal Rumble pay-per-view.
On a recent installment of her "Oral Sessions" podcast, which featured Tom Phillips as the special guest, Paquette spoke about WWE announcing some surprise entrants, such as Mickie James, for the women's Royal Rumble match later this month in a reported effort to boost ticket sales and create buzz for the show.
Featured below is an excerpt from the show where she talks about not being a fan of this tactic.
“Stop announcing them. I genuinely hate that. I am that Summer Rae’s return was announced beforehand. Even Mickie James, that one’s a huge one. If she came out and her music hit, I would have been like, ‘Holy s***.’ But Summer has not been a part of any WWE event since she left, so to hear her music hit would have genuinely shocked me.”
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone0709
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom