Stephanie McMahon appeared on Ad Age Remotely this week for an in-depth interview, during which the WWE Chief Brand Officer spoke about the company ensuring their talent's health and wellness despite not providing health insurance.
"Our talent are all independent contractors, so we actually don’t provide medical insurance for our talent," Stephanie said. "We do however have — we pay for all injuries, any surgeries or anything related to all in-ring injuries, but we also have substance and abuse protocols that we offer our talent, both current and retired."
She would go on to elaborate a bit more on offering coverage to the performers in terms of health and wellness.
"So anyone that’s ever had issues with drug and alcohol abuse, they can be a part of this program," she added. "And WWE itself, for our employees, we do have health, medical and overall wellness and mental health [coverage]."
Check out the complete video archive of the Ad Age Remotely interview with WWE CBO Stephanie McMahon below.
- UPDATE: "Best Matches" & "BIGGEST MOMENTS" In AEW Dynamite History Coming On Next Few Shows (BIG Plans ...)
Wrestling News Reaction - WWE, AEW Chat & Discussion* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom