WWE fans, and even the Executive Vice President of Talent, Live Events & Creative himself -- Paul "Triple H" Levesque, had raised eyebrows when welterweight contender Jake Matthews made his Octagon walk for his fight with Rostem Akman on the under card of the UFC 243: Whittaker vs. Adesanya event at Marvel Stadium in Melbourne, Australia.
On the UFC 243 PPV from this past Saturday night at Marvel Stadium, on the undercard for the show, UFC Welterweight contender Jake Matthews made his walk to the Octagon with a Triple H-inspired entrance that featured Motorhead's "The Game" theme playing as he made his way to the cage.
After the fight, Triple H himself took to Twitter to comment on Matthews' paying homage to "The Game" with his special WWE-inspired Octagon walk.
"Bad ass entrance," wrote the WWE EVP. "Bad ass fight." He concluded, "That’s how you play the game ….Congrats [Jake Matthews]."
Matthews would go on to respond to "The Game" with a tweet of his own.
"Thank you legend, it was my honor to walk out to such an iconic song," wrote Matthews. "Not only pumped me up but all 57,000 people in the stadium!!"
Check out both tweets, which includes the video of Jake Matthews' cool Triple H-style Octagon walk by clicking here. Also included is a post-fight video interview with Matthews where he explains the special ring entrance in detail.
- VIDEO: UFC Fighter Makes Triple H-Style Ring Entrance At UFC 243 In Front Of 55,000+ Fans In Melbourne, Australia ...
Rajah.com Social Media Interaction* Follow Rajah head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom