WWE has issued a statement regarding the reaction to online reports stating that the company is implementing a new policy that bans talent from engaging with third-party outlets such as Cameo, Twitch and others.
As noted, the company reportedly sent out a memo behind-the-scenes to talent informing them that they have 30 days to end their relationships with such third-party platforms.
Once the reports started making the rounds within the pro wrestling community and after the memo got around to talent behind-the-scenes in the company, several familiar names took to social media to comment on the news.
One of the main complaints is that the memo did not specify what, in particular, the third-party engagements apply to in terms of specific platforms, as well as the specific type of use that the company is demanding be stopped.
On Saturday afternoon, World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) issued the following statement regarding their new company policy on talent engaging with third-party platforms:
"Much like Disney and Warner Bros., WWE creates, promotes and invests in its intellectual property, i.e. the stage names of performers like The Fiend Bray Wyatt, Roman Reigns, Big E and Braun Strowman. It is the control and exploitation of these characters that allows WWE to drive revenue, which in turn enables the company to compensate performers at the highest levels in the sports entertainment industry. Notwithstanding the contractual language, it is imperative for the success of our company to protect our greatest assets and establish partnerships with third parties on a companywide basis, rather than at the individual level, which as a result will provide more value for all involved."
We will keep you posted here at Rajah.com as updates continue to surface regarding this story.
- WWE Stars React To New Rule Banning Twitch, Cameo: CM Punk, Renee Young & Others SHOOT HARD (MUST-READ UPDATE!)
WRESTLING NEWS REACTION, DISCUSSION & SOCIAL MEDIA* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow our social media reporter on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom