For those of you who want just the quick results and don't want the details of matches, this is a quick recap of tonight's show. There are spoilers for tonight's show below. The full results can be found right here.
WWE NXT Quick Recap for 2/24/2021
Matches Tonight: 6
- In an exciting opening non-title match, Dexter Lumis defeated North American Champion Johnny Gargano by Submission. Austin Theory had a chance to hit Lumis with a weapon while the ref was distracted but didn't (see below). Hartwell kept making odd glances at Lumis.
- Leon Ruff was ambushed by Isaiah "Swerve" Scott before he could enter the ring to face Tyler Rust, leading to a No Contest/No Match.
- In yet another non-title match, Io Shirai defeated Zoey Stark in a very good, back-and-forth match.
- Xia Li defeated Kacy Catanzaro.
- The Grizzled Young Veterans defeated Drake Maverick & Killian Dain
- In our main event, non-title, no-DQ match between Karrion Kross and Santos Escobar, Kross defeated Escobar in a grueling, great match that saw Kross essentially in a 3-on-1 handicapped match. Kross' left shoulder and arm were repeatedly targeted and potentially injured (story or not, no clue). Kross won after putting Escobar through the announcer's table with a Saito Suplex, and pinned after a second Saito in the ring.
Miscellaneous Non-Match Segments of Note:
- A great video package about MSK, their influences and what drives them, aired. Worth watching if you're interested in the talented youngsters.
- We've been informed that Kyle O'Reilly will be out for several weeks due to the attack by Adam Cole last week.
- The Way confronted Theory as to why he didn't assist Gargano in the match against Lumis. Theory stated that he didn't feel Lumis deserved to be hit with a steel chair and is just misunderstood. When Hartwell was asked about the situation, she hesitated and said Lumis was "kind of hot." Gargano and Lerae freaked out, calling them Stockholme Syndromed and said he was going to fix it by sending Austin Theory to therapy next week.
- Toni Storm goaded Io Shirai into accepting a title challenge "any time, any place" and insisted Io prove her intent by going to find GM Regal to make it official.
- There were several times throughout the night that Cameron Grimes tried to emulate Ted DiBiase by offering people money to dribble a ball. Unlike DiBiase, though, he didn't know how to rig the game to save money and he left the night frustrated and cursing Ted DiBiase.
- Xia Li and Boa's leader's new name is Mei Ying.
- After the tag match, Dain carried an injured Maverick to the back. Alexander Wolfe, Dain's old inSAnitY mate, came up and shook his head, commenting that Dain used to be a monster but now "look at (him)."
- Our closing segment was Adam Cole addressing the NXT Universe over his recent actions. Cole apologized to Kyle (who's not present). Strong came out and confronted Cole. After Strong clotheslined Cole, both men expressed their brotherhood and love. Finn came out, attacked Strong then attacked Cole. Strong and Cole neutralized Finn. Cole and Strong hugged it out, then Cole low-blowed Strong and called him stupid to end the show. I'm not doing it justice, just read the recap or watch it!
Rajah News' Social Media Interaction* For late-breaking WWE & AEW news & rumors, follow the official Rajah News account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Follow the best play-by-play sports writer in the industry--and that is Undisputed, Mike Hogan (bay-bay!) on Twitter
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom