WWE will be making a big impact when the company moves SmackDown LIVE from the USA Network to FOX on October 4th.
The company announced on Monday morning that they will be debuting on their new cable partner for the blue brand on 10/4 with a special WWE SmackDown 20th Anniversary special.
WWE.com released the following announcement today:
Tickets for SmackDown’s 20th Anniversary in Los Angeles available starting this Friday
SmackDown’s 20th anniversary celebration is drawing near, and the WWE Universe found out how they can be a part of it on Monday morning. The 20th anniversary episode will mark the premiere of SmackDown LIVE on FOX at 8 p.m. ET and take place at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles on Friday, Oct. 4. Tickets will be available starting this Friday, Aug. 16, at 10 a.m. PT via the STAPLES Center box office, AXS.com, or by calling 1-888-929-7849.
WWE Superstars past and present will be on hand at STAPLES Center to celebrate the occasion, including WWE Hall of Famers Kurt Angle, Lita, Mick Foley, Booker T, Hulk Hogan, Trish Stratus, Goldberg, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Mark Henry, Ric Flair and Sting.
“SmackDown has been delivering action-packed, family-friendly programming for two decades, and we look forward to entertaining generations to come as we begin this next chapter on FOX,” said Vince McMahon, WWE Chairman & CEO.
“Since we announced our five-year agreement last June, we have been eagerly counting down the days to the launch of SmackDown LIVE on FOX Sports,” said Eric Shanks, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Producer of FOX Sports. “We couldn’t be more excited and are pulling out all of the stops to commemorate SmackDown’s 20th anniversary celebration.”
Beginning with the 20th anniversary celebration on Friday, Oct. 4, SmackDown will air on FOX 52 weeks a year and captivate fans with a unique combination of edge-of-your-seat action, unpredictable drama and world-class athleticism.
On the air since 1999, SmackDown LIVE is the second-longest running weekly episodic cable television show in U.S. primetime history, only behind Monday Night Raw, and is currently among the most-watched regularly scheduled programs on primetime cable. SmackDown LIVE has aired more original episodes than some of the most popular television series of all time, including The Simpsons, Gunsmoke, Lassie and Monday Night Football.
In its 20-year history, SmackDown LIVE has also helped launch the careers of pop-culture icons, including Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, John Cena, Triple H, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin and The Bella Twins.
Make sure to join us here at Rajah.com on 10/4 for live WWE SmackDown 20th Anniversary results coverage!
— WWE (@WWE) August 12, 2019
More Recent WWE & AEW News (Updated: 8/11/2019)* Lacey Evans Gets Crazy In "Liv Your Life Challenge" (Videos)
* WWE Payouts: Goldberg, Undertaker & HBK Return Pay Revealed
* Stephanie McMahon On WWE vs. AEW, Claims WWE Worth $6 Billion
* Randy Orton's Wife Hits Him With "RKO Out Of Nowhere" At Beach (Video)
* Eva Marie Shows Off Her New Look This Week (Photos)
* HHH On Being Vince's Successor To Take Over WWE & Heyman/Bischoff
* The Rock's Writer / Former WWE Head Writer Confirms Return For "Project"
* Roman Reigns Downplays AEW, Talks Being WWE Locker Room Leader
* Vince McMahon Literally Tore Up Script For This Week's SD! Live (Updated)
* Chris Jericho Makes Big Promise For AEW All Out PPV (Updated)
* "Making Of" WWE 2K20 Commercial Featuring WWE Legends (Video)
* WWE-AEW Twitter War Breaks Out (Multiple Stars From Each Promotion)
* What Is Biggest Change Paul Heyman Has Made Since Taking Over RAW?
* Update On WWE Making Big Changes When They Move To FOX In October
* Dolph Ziggler On 1-On-1 HBK Match: "I Just Want This To Happen So Bad"
* Triple H Breaks Down Backstage Tradition At NXT TakeOver Specials (Video)
* Booker T: The Rock's Quiet Retirement Ended On 6-Sec WrestleMania Match
* Reigns Once Again Has Strong Response To Jon Moxley/WWE Comments
Rajah.com Social Media Interaction* Follow Rajah head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom